? Noah amps 3.2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by stefania - Noah, Mar 15, 2023.

1. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

Hello
    This morning I gave him the full dose even if he was very low and now he is not going up so I’m postponing going to work to wait and make sure he is not gonna drop too low . on another note this morning he was very very agitated. And jumping everywhere. After 1 hour I notice he start limping.. now he cannot jump anymore on the sofa. I wonder if this can be related to his diabetes ? He also didn’t eat that much of his normal food today, I had to give him extra snack for him to eat… @Bandit's Mom

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

4.3 was a safe number to give the shot. It is better to shoot and feed some carbs rather than stall. We recommend stalling for CGs who haven't shot lower/green preshots before. You have, so there was no need to stall. Stalling without food can cause numbers to drop further. Delaying the shot also gives you less time to monitor after the shot - especially if you have to head to work.

He has earned another reduction today - congrats! :) You go down to 1.25U from tonight.

I find that Bandit is more active in lower numbers. Sometimes a visit to the LB can also lead to zoomies around the house. Any chance he hurt himself jumping around? Just watch him or the nexct few days and see if it gets better.

3. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

What do you mean for visit to the LB? You mean the vet?
    Yea he earn another reduction and I earn a day off from work I’m really stuck here with him today !
    But I take the suggestion next time I don’t wait and feed and shoot immediately, I was hoping to see higher numbers before I give him insulin ….

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

LB is short for Litter Box :)

5. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

I just wonder if the limping can be related to the diabetes ? Can effect the legs diabetes ? I’m also thinking can be I did a wrong injection and that influence his nervous system and legs ?

6. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

7. Bandit's Mom