? Noah pmps 3.8

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by stefania - Noah, Mar 20, 2023.

1. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

Hello

Tonight noah he is 3.8 …. I feel I’m gonna give him just 1 unit
    I know he didn’t gain a reduction but he spent a whole day close to 2.8 2 days ago and that’s why he bounce up so much yesterday… so I feel 1.25 unit is been too much for him…
    What do you think @Bandit's Mom

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Can you monitor? If so you could shoot 1.25 and see if tge BG falls under 50. There is a saying to shoot low yo stay low. Reducing tonight by .25 there still may be an active cycle. If you can’t stay up you would need to shoot a half dose so that the BG will go up more likely the second half of the cycle . How about stalling without food and see the BG in 20 minutes?

3. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

I just wonder if the 2.8 that he reach 2 days ago was still a reduction as I was checking on him every hour and give him snack all the time .. that’s why he didn’t drop lower than that..
    and that’s why maybe he was bouncing so much the last 2 days .. that’s why I wonder if may be better to go to 1 unit … I check now after 23 minutes of stall and he is 4 … what do you think @tiffmaxee ? I can check on him tonight . Tomorrow I have work so I can stay until +2 of course I will prefer to have a good sleep but I can eventually check on him

4. tiffmaxee

You gave shot numbers close to this. If my cat I would shoot 1.25. Bouncing happens until the cat gets used to normal BG.

stefania - Noah likes this.
  5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Please stall for a little bit -- like 20 - 30 min. You may want to be careful about shooting what could be a dropping number. It may be fine to shoot but it helps to know what's going on. Remember, you'll be feeding Noah and it takes a while for Lantus to onset.

Realistically, you could have waiting when you tested and got a 50 to see if Noah's numbers dropped a tiny bit more. I'm not a fan of reading into numbers and second guessing.

6. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

ok done 1.25.. do you suggest to check again glucose in how long? 1 hour?

7. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

Mmmmm I did stall for 20 minutes and he was 4 so he was not dropping.. now I just shoot 1.25 I didn’t read your message before I hope I did the right thing !

8. tiffmaxee

It did go up so you were not shooting a dropping number. Sienne may have missed it because it wasn’t added to the subject. Get a +1 and +2.

9. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

Ok I will …
    And thank you ☺️ I will update the +1

10. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

Shall I feed him some extra snack with his dinner -injection time ? Or normal portion ?

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't see the test resulting in a 4 (72) or that you shot. FWIW, a 3.8 (68) and a 4 (72) are pretty much the same number.

12. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

Yes they are the same but he didn’t drop … so I felt not to create confusione to follow the protocol and go for the full dose … I hope he will not drop too low

13. stefania - Noah

stefania - Noah Member

+1 he is 6.2!!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  14. tiffmaxee

I see still blue. :cool: