? Norbert PMPS 323, +4 90, +5 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Norbert’s Mom, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

I think Norbert is starting to stabilize more on the Lantus. This morning’s AMPS was 248. He got 1.5U of Lantus and his +3 bg was 63. I gave him a palmful of DM food (medium carb content) and tested again at +5. Got a bg of 118. I didn’t test again until his PMPS and he was at 323. He had dinner and then got another 1.5U. Tested at +4 and he was 90. At +5 he’s at 86. Based on these numbers, should I keep him at the 1.5U, or has he earned a decrease?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    SaraW1983 likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Congrats! Since he dropped under 90 and you are following SLGS a reduction has been earned. The new dose is 1.25.

3. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

WooHoo!!! My sweet, little man is already feeling so much better! Thank you!

Sonia & Leo and tiffmaxee like this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That's great news! :)

Norbert’s Mom likes this.
  5. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

So, Norbert is up to 238 at +6.
    @Wendy&Neko I was a little nervous earlier because he dropped from 90 to 86 so I gave him a plamful of the DM kibble. Probably equated to 2 Tablespoons. Do you think that’s what caused the rise? Or is he bouncing from being lower than his body has been used to in a while? Maybe he really is carb sensitive.

6. Wendy&Neko

Usually when they first hit the green numbers, a couple tsp of regular low carb food is all you need to give. 90 and 86 are pretty much the same number within meter variance. Jumping to 238 is a lot. Might be a combo of both greens he's not used to (yet) and the higher carb food.

7. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

Ahh! That probably explains it. I’m going to keep doing what we’re doing and if he drops again tomorrow, as long as it’s not really low, I may just give him a snack like you said and then retest again in an hour to make sure it’s holding or coming up a bit. Thank you so much!

8. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

Well, Norbert’s AMPS was 406. Dropped to 298 at +2, and down to 71 at +6. He had a small amount of low carb food and now he’s up to 316 at +9. Man, he’s a bouncy boy! We’ve got to get this boy’s body used to being in a normal range so he can surf better.

9. Wendy&Neko

Fast, steep drops also cause bounces. I used to think they result3d in even worse bounces for my girl. Hopefully you’ll find a dose soon where he can be a bit steadier.

Norbert’s Mom likes this.