? Normal BG Range

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Robert Vittetoe, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Robert Vittetoe

Robert Vittetoe Member

We have only been testing since Sunday with a ReliOn Prime. We have been lucky enough to get one test a day so far and will try for two today simulating AMPS & PMPS. Already did AMPS = 92. We stopped giving insulin Sunday based on his BG levels. My vet has convinced me to get an AT2 that arrives today. I will talk to the vet tomorrow and ask what my goal range should be. We will most likely use both meters; ReliOn Prime for most testing and periodic testing with AT2 for the vet data. What a long introduction to my question. Based on the FDMB are these the BG goals I’m looking for based on the two types of meters? What about Spreadsheet data with two types of meters.

ReliOn good range 50-120 no shoot 200

AT2 good range 68-150 no shoot 225-250

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

It looks to me like Pinot was misdiagnosed. Thank goodness you started testing. If you had just been injecting insulin without testing it could have caused serious harm. Well done figuring out a way to make the testing happen with your wild child! :cat:

Yes, you have the ranges correct. Although some cats will run even lower than 50. As long as they don't have injected insulin, and there aren't any other health problems, that's not anything to worry about. We do the cut off of 50 with injected insulin to keep them safe.

I would not put readings from both meters on the same spreadsheet. The two aren't comparable, so it would make your data impossible to interpret. I believe most folks who use both types of meters create two spreadsheets and link both in their signature. Then when you do testing on the AT2, you just make a note on your regular SS so that anyone viewing knows to check the other sheet.

3. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Great job Robert. Hopefully you will be able to get 2 tests in a day both AMPS AND PMPS. AND Thanks @Djamila ... you saved me from typing all that.