Not sure about dose....again

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Barbara, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I waited till the weekend to increase so I could try to get some test in. Now she drops to 85 at +4 PM cycle. So, I guess I’m supposed to go back up by .25 but 1unit didn’t seem like enough. I gave her 1/2 can FF after the 85 & she went right back up. Ugh....why is she being so difficult! Pretty sure no one will see this before AM dose so I might try to drop back just a drop....no confidence I can get that right! :banghead:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Barbara

So I shot what I’m going to call a fat 1unit AM is this a bounce from last night?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Yes, Petunia is bouncing from that low green BG 85 last night 10/24/20.
    Next time, try a smaller snack if Petunia is low like that. 1/2 a can of FF (Fancy Feast) is a lot more than a snack. Try 1 teaspoon, which would be about 1/8 of a can.

With a smaller size snack, Petunia might have kept "surfing" in those greens for longer. It's what you want to see, more greens in the cycle.

p.s.You were right that no one saw this before AMPS. I think you are on a much later schedule than I am. This posted at 12:03 am and I was long asleep by then.

4. Barbara

Thanks for the help. I guess I should have said that is her regular night time snack. Lately I have been giving her a whole can aroun +3 or +4 so she won’t scream all night. That particular night I had messed up her meals so she only had 1/2 can left. She ends up with a total of 3 cans a day & still acts like she’s going to starve. She started putting on some weight again so I’m trying to hold her at 3 cans. I can’t leave the auto feeder out for her at night without locking her away from the others & if I do that she screams cause she doesn’t want to be locked up.

So how long should I hold this F1 unit?

5. Deb & Wink

Until her BG levels tell you it's working or it's not working.

I think Petunia is still in a bounce cycle, from the lows on 10/24/20.
    Patience and let's see if she turns herself around, and out of those pinks.

(A vomit eater is she?)

Barbara likes this.
  6. Barbara

OMG! She is disgusting! If I catch it I have to fight with her to not eat it before I get it cleaned up. I swear I’ve never seen a cat that wants to eat as much as her!

so I think anything that happens tonight will just be thrown out.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  7. Deb & Wink

Tomorrow is another day.

Don't worry about any high numbers right now then. Hope for better next cycle.

p.s. I've had vomit eating cats in the past too. It grosses me out!:(