GA Nov. 29 Felix, update from ER visit; Nov. 30 Angel

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Nov 29, 2020.

1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Felix is very unwell today and I'm trying to decide if/when to take him to the emergency clinic, knowing what that may mean. Plus he gets so afraid, and of course covid makes the whole situation harder. This started Friday, but yesterday he ate better and perked up. Today he looks sad and sunken. One of the civvies is also at a stage where we're taking things by the hour.:(

And my stepfather has fallen and broken his neck, and I need to be at the hospital with him tomorrow. He's confused and uncooperative, and they've asked me to be there during his x-rays and whatnot.

Kitties!
    Tomorrow is the Full Moon, and I want there to be a beautiful party! But I just don't think I'm going to be able to plan it meowself. Maybe I can be there on the Taster Blankets, we will see. My momma is overwhelmed, and I want to be at home as long as I can and take care of her. She says I've always been a remarkably compassionate kitty. I don't know about that; I just know I LOVE.
    Party down with your purring selves,
    Felix:cat:

@manxcat419
    @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  3. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Oh Felix - please try to feel better. And your civvie friend too. Roxi will take care of you both at the Taster Blankets tomorrow if you can make it. Luna says she will do her very best to take care of everything on the kitchen side and she says she'll do some planning too, although the post may go up a little later in the day than usual after I get home from work to help her with it. Just focus on you, and Felix, and your poorly civvie...and your stepfather too. I know things come in threes, but that's a crazy three to deal with all at the same time.

Julia Rae and Susan&Felix(GA) like this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Susan))) I am so sorry things are piling up on you.:bighug::bighug: How is Felix's resting respiratory rate doing?

5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

You've got a lot on your plate, Susan. :bighug:
    How is his hydration? Do a tent test on the scruff and check his gums. They should be moist, not tacky. Tacky means dehydrated.

6. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

7. Susan&Felix(GA)

Well, I decided it couldn't wait until morning: I tried to to take him to the emergency place about 10 minutes from here (where his cardiologist is also), but they were at capacity and referred me to the university vet school emergency clinic, where there was a 3-4 hour wait. The vet suspected he was in DKA, and although fortunately he was not, he is in acute renal failure and his blood pressure is too low. She felt this would be almost impossible to resolve in the context of his heart condition because, like DKA, it would require a lot of IV fluids. She said they could try but she didn't think he'd come home from the hospital. I asked if there was anything they could do to make him more comfortable so I could bring him home for the night, so she gave him a little subQ fluids and prescribed potassium, and sent him home for a last night of snuggles. She left the port in his arm to make things quicker tomorrow. Now there'll be the trick of scheduling the sad appointment.

So it's not going to be the diabetes, and it's not even going to directly be the restrictive cardiomyopathy. In June of 2019 he wasn't expected to live through the summer, the prognosis for restrictive cardiomyopathy is so poor. But he's had a fairly good quality of life well beyond that. Every day has been a blessing and I'm thankful. But I'm not reconciled to this and I'm breaking apart. He's just the most tender little kittyman.

Thank you, you're always supportive of us--and everyone.:bighug::bighug:
    Felix is relieved and knows that Chef Luna and all her helpers will carry on the Full Moon tradition beautifully.:bighug::bighug:
    Dear Wendy, we owe you a million thanks. :bighug::bighug: His respiratory rate was around 20 this afternoon.
    Thank you.:bighug::bighug: He is dehydrated.
    Thank you.:bighug::bighug:

manxcat419 likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Susan - I will be thinking of you and Chef Felix tomorrow. :bighug: I hope you both have some good snuggles tonight.

9. carfurby (GA)

I'm so sorry. Sending more prayers. I hope you got lots of snuggles in last night. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Susan. My thoughts are with you and Felix today. Sending strength and prayers.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Susan. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Give Felix extra snuggles from all of us, and there are plenty to spare for your civie too.
    Thinking of you.

12. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry Susan. You did everything that could possibly have been done to keep Felix well for as long as he could hold on. Our thoughts are with you and Felix today. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Roberta and Chloe

Roberta and Chloe Member

14. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and hugs ! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Will be thinking of you.

15. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Prayers and lots of hugs:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Susan I'm so sorry to hear about your precious boy Felix.
    Just looking at his pic brings tears to my eyes. My thoughts are with you.
    It just really sucks, had to let Tyler's brother go in Oct. Kidney failure
    Such a handsome boy . Please take care
    Prayers for your civie and your step father :bighug::bighug:

17. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry. Enjoy the snuggles.

18. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh Susan...this is heartbreaking news...I'm so sorry to hear that Chef Felix isn't feeling well..and I do hope you can fill your evening with just relaxing and snuggling with that precious kittyman...

Don't worry about the full moon pawty - others will take the lead. We'll all be praying for you and your family - I do hope your step-father can get the care he needs as well....you do have a full burden this evening.

Sending much support and prayers your way. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Healing vines to you as well...you will all be in our thoughts this evening.

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm so sorry. Spoil your baby rotten tonight. Felix knows how loved he is.

20. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Dear Susan, you and I joined so very close to the same time, and our boys have had many adventures together over the last few years. Wishing you comfort, soak up as many cuddles and kisses as you can. Extra kisses from me for sweet Felix.

Yo Felix, mama sez I can go to the full moon pawty tonight, and iz wanna hang with you, my ol' pal for a while and we can remember when we used to chase the sharkies together.

Your pal always ~ Mav

21. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Pour every bit of love and more into him. I'm so, so, so sorry. It's never easy. :bighug:

22. Susan&Felix(GA)

Thank you so much, everyone. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I want to say more but I just can't right now.

My Felix. Felix Christopher-Samuel, Felixoxo, Felixir of Love.

23. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

(((Susan))) I'm in tears, I'm so very sorry.

24. Wendy&Neko

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Fly free on gentle wings sweet Felix. cat_wings>o

The almost full moon is very bright here tonight. I think I saw a bright new star twinkling up there. I know Neko and many other GAs will be welcoming Felix.

25. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Susan, I am so sad to hear that our dear Chef Felix has earned his golden wings. Tonight, the Full Beaver Moon, he'll be cooking at the Bridge kitchen with his mentor Chef Rusty and the Kitchen Krews of old--welcomed with open paws by all of our GAs. And all of us here will remember him and honor his memory in the Circle of Remembrance. Your boy was so brave and fought so hard.
    Fly free, Chef Felix! You are much loved cat_wings>o

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty (GA), and Stu (GA)

p.s. sending prayers for your stepfather

26. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

((((Susan))))
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Fly free Sweet Felix, and Land softly at the bridge.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

27. carfurby (GA)

I'm so sorry. Fly free sweet Felix. You will be missed. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Tears in my eyes...I'm so sorry Susan...

Fly free sweet Felixcat_wings>o...yes, Luci was very close to me this morning ... she was telling me about seeing Chef Felix and Chef Rusty 'over there'...it was a late night for the kitties...

Sending your my most heartfelt prayers and hugs during this difficult time...just remember he will always be in your heart. Those memories never ever go away...all that love is undeniable and stays with us until we join them!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. May you find comfort in the memories you have of him. Rest easy sweetheart cat_wings>o:rb_icon::bighug:

30. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences. Sending prayers and hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Fly free, sweet Felix. cat_wings>o

31. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Susan so heart breaking sending you hugs and strength.:bighug::bighug:

32. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

I’m sorry for the loss of your loving companion, Felix. May you be comforted by the many memories you made together.

33. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss - he was so lucky to have you loving on him all these years. Fly high sweet Felix cat_wings>o

34. Diane Tyler's Mom

My heart goes out to you Susan, Fly high sweet boy cat_wings>o♥♥♥:bighug:

35. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Fly Free Handsome Little Man:bighug::bighug: So sorry:rb_icon:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

36. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Susan))). I’m am deeply sorry for your loss of your sweet Felix. Your love has been so strong that it has carried him through many trials but sometimes the real strength of our love is shown in being able to make the hardest decision for us but the one that gives them peace. May you also find peace in knowing that you sacrificed for his. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gentle journey, Chef Felix. cat_wings>ocat_wings>o

37. rawia

rawia Member

So sorry for your loss Susan cat_wings>o

38. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

Susan, I am so so sorry for you loss :bighug:cat_wings>o

39. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

How very sad to lose such a sweet, dear creature who stayed with you through so much. I am so, so sorry to learn of this.

40. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Susan I’m just seeing this, I am so so sorry that it was time for wings, u went above and beyond for Felix, my heart is with you
    B3D10391-DF3E-4EA7-AD9F-BEFD41B5FB9D.gif

41. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss, Susan. My heart and prayers go out to you:bighug::bighug:

42. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh Susan, I am so very sorry that it was Felix's time to leave you. My heart is just breaking for the pain you are feeling right now. Felix was such an amazing kitty with a great purrsonality. It was so obvious you both loved each other so much. I am sending you vines of love, peace, and strength during this difficult time. Fly free sweet Felix and land softly. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

43. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Susan,

I am sorry for your loss. Peace to Felix cat_wings>o:rb_icon:. I know I will always think of Felix when I see a full moon:bighug:.

44. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Susan. Felix will be deeply missed, he part of all of our family here.

Fly free sweet Felix :rb_icon: 20916.jpg :rb_icon:

cat_wings>o

45. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet Felix. You were a sweet kitteh, and you were loved.cat_wings>o

46. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you lost your special friend. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

47. Susan&Felix(GA)

I'm very thankful to everyone for your kind thoughts and condolences. I know that most here have had a beloved kitty die before, and most of us have it in our future too. Each time I hit Like on a post, it was a Love and I paused to say a blessing for your cat(s) that you have now and those who have Gone Ahead. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Felix became a Guardian Angel on November 30 and civvie Catherine on December 2. I'm attaching a photo of them together in 2017, around the time I joined FDMB; Felix was looking much better after a gradual recovery from DKA in May of that year, and Catherine had been living here about six months after she'd turned up on the doorstep, pulled the screen door open, and wouldn't go away. Such sweet kitties. It looks like Felix is saying, "You don't say!" and Catherine is smiling to herself, "He's so ingenuous." I'm still at the stage where I keep seeing them out of the corner of my eye, not to mention that awareness of AMPS/PMPS time when they both got their meds.

I mentioned in my original post that my stepfather had broken his neck. At that time it was thought that he could improve, but since then he has begun hospice care. We're excited about the vaccine and hope to get to see him soon.
    [Public Service Announcement: Please ensure that your wishes will be carried out and protect your loved ones from unnecessary anguish by having your health care directives and finances in order.]

FelixCatherine.JPG

48. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Susan I am just reading about your beloved Felix and all your other worries and sad news. I am so so sorry you lost Felix and then Catherine a few days later. What a very sad time you have had.
    I’m so sorry to hear about your step father as well.
    Fly free Felix :rb_icon:cat_wings>o
    Fly free Catherine :rb_icon:cat_wings>o
    Take care of yourself Susan :bighug:

49. carfurby (GA)

I'm so sorry about Catherine and your stepfather. I hope you get to see your stepfather soon. Sending prayers for you and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

50. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

I hope that this provides a measure of comfort, I know it gave me some when Loki crossed.

[​IMG]
    RainbowBridge.com
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

51. Diane Tyler's Mom

Susan I knew about the passing of your sweet Felix,
    Again my heart goes out to you
    Now reading about your precious Catherine , I'm so sorry , what a beautiful pic of them, I know they are together and are now pain free,
    Prayers for your stepfather, I hope you can see him soon
    Fly high sweet kitties ♥:bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

52. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Catherine. What a nice pic of them together. Sending you a virtual hug Susan :bighug::bighug:

53. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

I am sorry you have had another loss so soon.

upload_2020-12-30_7-26-22.jpeg

54. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for all you have lost.

55. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Oh dear, so soon after Felix to lose your Catherine as well. My heart goes out to you. What a sweet picture of the two of them together!

56. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I am so so sorry for the loss of Catherine and hearing of your step father, my heart goes out to you and may 2021 be a better year for us all