Novaline Questions

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by MeowsMom, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeowsMom

MeowsMom New Member

Hi All

Recently Diagnosed Kitty - Meows.

The Vet has reccomend Lantus (Glargine) but when I called the Pharmacy they explained that Novaline is about $200 cheaper per bottle.

I am on a very low income, but also don't want to get Meows something that's not as good just to save $200... anyone have experience with Novaline? What's the difference?

thanks

2. billysmom (GA)

billysmom (GA) Member

Hello! Welcome to the forum. I suggest you post your question in the main health forum since it gets much more traffic. Others there can give you tips on how to get lantus much more affordably.

3. MeowsMom

MeowsMom New Member

Thank you

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi MeowsMom! Welcome!

If you can swing the Lantus, please get that! It's worth the extra! Novolin/Humulin 'NPH' insulin is what the pharmacy is quoting - that insulin doesn't work nearly as well for kitties and is harder on their bodies. I'll check the Health forum and see if you posted there too. As long as you have the prescription, many of us order Lantus insulin from a specific pharmacy in Canada making it a lot cheaper than anything available in the USA. It does take a few days to arrive...

MeowsMom likes this.
  5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

All of these are long-lasting insulins which last roughly 12 hours
    ProZinc,
    Lantus,

BCP PZI, or Levemir.
    No insulin lasts 24 hours in the cat, so giving it every 12 hours is optimal for control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.