Official Trial Starts Tonight with no PM shot!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by SaraM2261, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraM2261

SaraM2261 Member

Just talked with our vet, and Duncan can officially start his OTJ trial tonight!

Vet is very impressed with my ability to control Duncan's diet and agrees that at this point it is a lot safer to not give insulin. He warned me (as I am aware) that some cats sort of cycle on and off the insulin, but is optimistic because of my attention to his care so far. (also was very curious as to what I was feeding him.) :cool:

We will start our OTJ trial tonight with no PM shot. I am looking forward to a night of good sleep (With my baby Dunk! cat_pet_icon ) finally after worrying about hypo quite a bit chasing this dose down the BG levels.

I so wish this were possible for every cat here. My heart really is with all the Beans and kitties that have a harder time. Duncan is 10+ years and eventually will not be with us, although our family has had cats live into their 20's. I intend to keep with the boards here as much as I can. I really feel a call to help the newbies understand the Lantus. I also feel a call to help people around my community at the different vet offices teach people how to home test and change diet etc... So we'll see where this new avenue in life leads!

In the mean time I will be checking Duncan's BG and posting here because I don't feel comfortable posting in a board that still has struggling kitties and beans in it. We may be in and out of the honeymooners or we may be rather permanent. We shall see!

I do have one quick question for you. As your diet controlled diabetic kitty ages do you notice the diabetes is harder to control and they go back on insulin at the end? I just want to get a feel for what to watch for.

Thank you, and I hope to celebrate new years with all of you and a Duncan who hasn't been stuck or shot and is truly celebrating OTJ. We shall see. :) party_cat

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sara,

I am afraid you won't get many responses over here. Very few people post on this forum. I saw your other post about not posting on the Lantus forum. Don't worry about there. They will love to celebrate with you and Duncan and can help if you have questions. Every time a kitty goes OTJ, everyone celebrates with a "party". (That is what these stickies are for: party_cat party_cat ) No one will feel sad; they will all be so happy for you!

3. Mystery

Mystery Member

Best of luck with the trial - what a great way to start a new year for you and Duncan!

4. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Oh No You Don't!!!! :D

You belong with us so we can celebrate too! This is the fun part for us, everyone of us knows when we start this dance that EVERY CAT IS DIFFERENT some will go OTJ, some will always need insulin, some will seesaw back and forth. And we love them just the same.

I know when you first posted someone here if not several someones "welcomed you to the FAMILY" And that is what you and Duncan are...FAMILY! You don't have to leave your family because you are achieved something they haven't...you celebrate with them.

Plus not much happens over here, because...well most of us with cats that have gone OTJ, stay to celebrate with their families and spend time on Health..welcoming and holding hands with the new members of the family. Sort of like older brothers and sisters watch out and guide their younger sibings. :D

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

5. SaraM2261

SaraM2261 Member

Ok ok! BAck to LL I go!
    Good to know! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.