OMG FREAKIN A! you gotta see it

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i passed tom's amps of 272 (highest yet) and did not shoot but fed (he's been dropping like a rock at +2.
    just tested at +2, mind you he had no shot, and the # is.....drumrolll.....
    132!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    this is a monumental moment. let' all pause at the power of food.

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news, Lori. Maybe you need to start giving him a midnight snack. ;-)

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Woohoo Tom!! :) Go kitty go!

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

And the power of getting tests in at the right times! Wow! Really glad that you figured it out - and I'm hoping he's looking like he's feeling better now, instead of what you've been seeing after you shoot?

I wonder what it all means then. I mean, if he goes up that high between meals, maybe that's normal when they are in remission? Or maybe it's the whole dental thing? And now what - just live with the #s, or become a strategic feeder I guess?

Well, I am tuned in for the next episode of.... ? As the BG Bounces Around?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i'm not sure what to do now....
    the shooting at night idea doesn't really work since he peaks at +2 really hard and then climbs on liver sugar.
    i don't like the idea anymore of shooting a premeal # since he obviously drops on his own after eatting.
    i suppose i'll be testing before and again at +2 after meal to see if he continues to drop on his own.
    his dose was so small to begin with i don't see how it can get much smaller and still make it out of the syringe HAHA.
    i am thinking the only time i'll shoot is if he's on his way up at +2 after food.
    i fall asleep about 10 so i'll give him a bite then. and wake up about 7:30 and he'll eat then.
    the only problem is how will i find time to have a life out of the house for like a day if i want to.

6. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Can you get another test in today before dinner time? It will help you make your decision about what to do next. On the days when you're home, you might want to give him breakfast in 2 courses an hour or two apart. (on china with white linens and a rose of course).

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep breakfast in 2 courses about 2 hours apart. then try to hold off 7 hours as that's reasonably how long i'm away at work, often longer. dinner in 2 courses about an hour apart. then about 4-5 hours later. wish i could do more but most days that will be as good as it gets.
    figure he eats 7:30
    9:30
    4:30-5ish
    6-7 ish
    9-10ish
    you have to understand he is not used to small meals and sits around wondering where the rest of his meal is.....hard to watch. sniff sniff.

i figure test before 1st dinner and test before beddie bye meal. that's about 5 hours but with a small meal inbetween....ummm terri, what am i looking for as it has become apparent that i cannot shoot him. if the answer is a meal every 4 hours 24 hours a day every day we are in BIG trouble.

how you doing with that transfusion?

8. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

I don't remember, do you have any other animals? Could you freeze some food to leave out while you work and sleep? Or, use a timed feeder? I feed mine in the morning and again in the evening and just leave the left overs out for them.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, first to terri's question. i just got our +9 (actually it's +32 since last shot) and taa daa it's....93! that was before 1st dinner, now 2 hours later he's munching on dinner #2.

Karen....i suppose i could freeze food but that sounds so not what tom would want to do...sit staring and probably nawing on frozen food waiting for it to defrost. he's a real hoover (vacuum) and wants to eat whatever is in his bowl NOW!
    and we are a one cat family, no other animals. do they have timed feeders for wet food?
    i can't even imagine how that works but i'll look into.

10. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

11. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

We have the PetSafe 5 compartment feeder. Love it, love it, love it! It's the only feeder Stash cannot break in to. I don't even use a cold pack, and we live in very-hot-in-the-summer West Texas. We tried the frozen pucks and Stash just gnawed them down without waiting. The PetSafe 5 is electronic and is a life-saver!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok pet safe 5? where you git dat? is there a website or company or do i just roam into petsmart or....do tell.

13. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

PetSafe 5 - I got mine on Amazon.com. I don't know if you can get them locally. It's pretty big, but it does work well for Blackie.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

karen i saved yours to my favorites...wanna look at both.
    THANKS!

15. Sherri & Stash (GA)

Sherri & Stash (GA) Member

Got ours at Petsmart. And... we had an issue at one time with the timer and Petsmart replaced it, no questions asked.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow...but not surprised. petsmart is good that way here too. any problems they take care of it pronto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.