? Oren breathing this a.m..

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Megan & Oren, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Morning all; I have a question about Oren's breathing this a.m. He seems a bit uncomfortable, and his breathing is a bit quickened. He's lying on the cool tile floor in kitchen after eating, and is purring, but sort of puffing his cheeks? I wouldn't call it labored breathing, but it seems a bit more rapid than normal and almost like he's blowing air out? He ate quite normally, had his shot etc. I'm just not sure if this is something to worry about. I've noticed it before on other days. It is warm here (been over 90 for past several days), but the house is air conditioned.

vines to all kitties and beans who need them

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It does sound like he may be having some trouble breathing. Maybe you should call your vet. He may need to be seen as a precaution.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I think breathing issues should be seen by a vet.

4. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

update: I had to leave for work, but checked him several times before leaving house. He seemed better. no longer puffing, just purring and his breathing was more regular, not as fast. Not sure what that was about... He otherwise seemed fine. I think he may just have been warm?

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Heat can definitely be a factor. I would at the very least put a call in to your vet.

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

How's he doing tonight, Megan?

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

The behavior you describe is how my Minka looks when she doesn't feel well - right now when she's having a pancreatitis flare. It may not be his breathing that is the problem, but that something else is making him uncomfortable. If it happens again, I would surely consult my vet. I hope he continues to feel better.

8. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Hi Megan :)

looks like Oren is overdue for an increase too. All the cool cats are having 6units just ask Purrdy :rolleyes:

9. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Hi Vyktors mum; indeed, I was going to raise him tomorrow (1 wk. ahead of my vets 2 wk. suggestion) and then this a.m, he gave me a 174 AMPS. first blue of this dose, after a few on 5. Crazy kitties...
    @julie & punkin (ga) , sorry i wasn't on last night; he seemed completely fine last night, and again this morning. Even yesterday, it just sort of seemed like hard purring more than anything. or perhaps he was warm. He wasn't acting terribly different and as I said, he still ate with enthusiasm and seemed his normal, happy self. Today is supposed to be even hotter, up to 98, so i left the programmable thermostat down a few extra degrees even though I'm not there for he and civvie sister Patty-cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.