Osha AMPS 112 / Small Kitty AMBG 41

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

8/5

Good morning!
    Wow, it has been forever since I posted. Life has been out of control busy! First, Sébastien @Photorecon moved here on September 28. That also means Big Brother moved in as well. Now we have 5 cats!! :woot: My new job has been great, but it has also been stressful and I feel like I am always playing catch up. I've also had a huge huge stressor with my ex husband and I am going to trial tomorrow to resolve issues with him and my daughter.

Big brother has adjusted well to moving here and it has also helped with Small Kitty meowing at night.

Small Kitty is his rainbow self. He has become more snugly with me and he is super sweet.

I am afraid Osha hasn't been doing all that well. She started having diarrhea last week and will be going to the vet on Tuesday. It may just be the CKD progressing, or there is still the looming question that she may have cancer. (I chose not to do more testing to find out) She has been back on the fancy feast for awhile. She just wasn't interested in any of the low carb/low phosphorus foods and I didn't want her losing more weight. She initially gained a little bit of weight, but she has since lost the gain she had. I offer her food any time her bowl is empty. We will see what the vet says on Tuesday. I am not going to do extraordinary measures or testing. I just want her to be comfortable and happy.

In other good news, Sébastien and I will be getting married on November 15th:kiss::).

Sorry I haven't been around. I've just been super stressed and busy. I think of you all often.

Have a great day!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress and Small Kitty

Here is a picture of the brothers showing some love!
    brothers.jpg

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the successful move, kitty integration and your upcoming wedding! No wonder you're stressed -- that's more than a plateful of changes. The good news, though is you have someone who knows how to test and shoot living with you!!!

Osha's SS looks fine. However, that 29 reading on 10/10 warranted a dose reduction. Can I please, please, please, encourage you to get PM tests? At the minimum, a before bed test every night? It's so important especially since you've seen some low numbers. Regarding the diarrhea, is there any consideration regarding inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)? You may want to give Osha a trial of novel proteins. I'd also suggest probiotics for the diarrhea. S. boulardii is very good for dealing with diarrhea. I start with 1/4 to 1/3 of a capsule. (I linked a brand I like but other brands are available.) If this is a result of CKD, please ask your vet about a phosphorus binder. You can feed Osha whatever she'll eat since the binder deals with the phosphorus in the food. Take a look at Tanya's site for info on phos binders.

I would give SK a bump of food with some high carb. Please get SK out of the 40s. There's no margin of safety and you need to be testing every 20 - 30 min. to make sure your kitty is better numbers -- at least the 60s.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You certainly had life turn around on you. All for the better. Hope you get answers for Osha.

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. I assume we are all invited. I hope the stressful things become less stressful.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've had a very busy time of it lately! I hope Osha will be ok...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!❤️

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You have definitely been busy. It's great to hear Sebastien has moved here and you have set a wedding date. I hope all the kitties are getting along. I hope the vet can help Osha. I hope things go well at court tomorrow. Sending prayers.