OT: Shipping medication across the border to USA

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karrie and Maverick, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I have some medicine to donate to someone's kitty - lasix for heart failure. I went today to ship it - but since I left it in the pill bottle it was too thick to "fit in the envelope slot" and a customs form is needed. I filled it out and declared dog medication. But then left with the package instead of shipping it. I don't want it to be grabbed by customs. If I repackaged it outside of the pill bottle it wouldn't need a declaration.

Any advice on how to best send this? I just lost my dog and it would be going to someone who really needs it. This makes my heart happy. Thank you.

2. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Sweet! That would be perfect. I'll go back tonight and get one of them. Great idea.

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

A gift card box would probably work too. Those are usually made of tin, about a shy half inch thick.

BLESS YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! BIG HUGS AGAIN!!!

5. RoysMum

RoysMum Member

It took me 2 tries to send a used glucose meter, new strips, lancets, ketostix across the border into the US.
    I was happy to hear the gal I sent them to finally received them today. YAY!!!!
    I think getting things thru Customs is very much the luck of the draw.
    I have learned from the "Post Office Ladies" that Bubble envelops are a good thing.
    I don't know about shipping pharmaceuticals, especially if they are Rx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.