OT: Today's milestone

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Terri and Lucy, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

This is a cross-post from the Levemir ISG:

I finished chemo today. Life should return to something more like 'normal' within the next 4-5 weeks. Unfortunately, that also means I won't be able to work from home as much. Lucy has done very well with me home--just like when she went into remission back in the days of Humulin L and then lost it when I took a more traditional 8-5 job. She really doesn't like to be alone. However, she and I both like to eat. :)

2. Kira & Max

Kira & Max Member

Congrats!

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Good work! I was lucky I did not have to do chemo - it must be horrible and you must feel good to have that behind you.

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Terri, that is wonderful news! I can't imagine how good it must feel. Sending good thoughts to you as you go back to working in the office more, and good thoughts to Lucy that she doesn't get too lonely with you gone. (((Terri))) (((Lucy)))

5. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

wonderful!!! I finished chemo last fall... In fact, I have a follow-up on thurs.

enjoy the milestone. fabulous news.

6. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Terri, so happy for you!

7. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for letting us know. I'm sending you prayers and healing energies. I hope you are feeling really good soon.

When I was off with the shoulder surgery, all the kitties got used to me being home and me too. But we are adjusting again. I hope you and Lucy's adjustment will go smoothly.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

terri i am so relieved that part is over for you..you have handled this like such a trooper.
    i just got my 16 month post chemo pt/ct and there's a lit up place in my neck...trying not to freak out. also found out the chemo has caused a supra ventricular tachycardia. i found all this out today :shock: so i'm in a holding pattern.
    testing again on friday.
    cancer sucks. remission is a beautiful thing.
    sending you love.

9. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Terri, that is terrific news! ---even though I know you will be missed here (we have a lot in common with Lucy!!!) Stay well! cat_pet_icon

10. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. It really stinks. Hope it works out OK. Sometimes tests are wrong. Many years ago my daughter was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma, and after a month of freaking out, it turned out that it was not s0. Keeping fingers (and paws) crossed for you.

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy for you Terri!!!! It must be great to have it over with!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

12. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

Oh Lori... cancer *does* suck. And the waiting game is TERRIBLE. Sending lots of prayers your way. {{{{hugs}}}}

Please post when you get your results.
    Michele

13. Wendy and Boo (GA)

Wendy and Boo (GA) Member

Wonderful news Terri!

And Lori, my thoughts are with you.

-Wendy

14. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Wendy!!!!!!!! So happy to see you here. I've missed you so much!

Lori--good luck with the tests on Friday. A good friend here was told her breast cancer had returned back in November based on her annual MRI. They repeated the test last week and found no evidence of disease. Tests can be wrong! Hoping that's the case for the spot on your neck.

15. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Congratulations Terri. Please do continue to take care of yourself; it takes awhile to get your stamina and strength back.

16. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Thanks Venita. It's been very difficult to slow myself down, but I don't intend to do anything to mess up my full recovery. Fortunately, I have wonderful friends who show no inhibition at telling me if they think I'm doing too much. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.