OT: What is expert help for your cat worth?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne Burton, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

There is a note at the top of the forum about the 2020 Calendar fundraiser for FDMB. I'm not on here as much as I used to be because LT has been in remission for just a little over 6 weeks. And he's in remission because I followed the advice I received on FDMB. My young vet has little experience with feline diabetes and knowing I use a FB page for my diabetic dog, she said if I could find a reliable online group, then to get treatment help from them. FDMB is where I landed. The calendars financially support this group and I think I received well over $25 (what the calendar costs) of good advice on here. I know I saved well over $25.00 in vet visits for LT. So if you have the means, why not buy a calendar - plus the sugarcats are so stinkin' cute -how can you resist?

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

And you can purchase one for your vet too - holidays are coming up :)

Hope you and the gang are doing well Suzanne!

3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I agree completely Suzanne. This forum has been tremendously valuable to me. Being a long term diabetic myself, I knew the advice my vet was giving wasn't complete, and I should be able to do better. I found FDMB and became a dedicated lurker and the timing couldn't have been better. I was close to possible overdosing, based on pre shot tests instead of checking for the lowest points in the cycle. I also learned a lot more about other health issues and tips that have helped Tina tremendously. She will live longer and better for the advice I got that was better than advice I paid for.

Love the idea about giving one to the vet, Sue.

I miss you for a good reason Suzanne -- you took LT to the Falls, and the help here is about to do the same for Tina. I loved watching your video again:)

4. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Excellent point Suzanne! My vet doesn’t know much about FD and even less about Lantus. Without these wonderful people giving their time and experience, there’s no telling where Scooter might be today. I am incredibly thankful I stumbled on to this group. And yes, the kitties are sooo stinkin cute! Absolutely worth $25.00.

Sonia & Leo and Suzanne Burton like this.