OTJ PARTY FOR TRIXIE, AMY & MARK!! WOOHOO!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CD and BigMac, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TRIXIE, AMY & MARK!!!

291 LL KITTIES OTJ SINCE FEBRUARY 2008
    :D Pelusa :D Raja* :D Bruce :D Scruffy :D Noisy :D Cyrano :D Chuck :D Cosmo :D Tobias :D Flamie :D Thomas :D Brutus :D Abby :D Alex :D Lexie :D Tom :D Smokie :D Friday :D Chloe :D Calliope :D Natasha :D Gracie :D Alex :D Shadow :D Grover :D Fluffy :D Mary :D Rocket :D Petie :D Harley :D Karre* :D Venice :D Butcher :D BigMac* :D Ti-Mi :D Zoe :D Devo :D Tuxedo :D Pumpkin :D Oscar :D Morrie :D Olivia :D Fuzzy :D Riggs :D Cobra :D Chip :D Rosco :D Emo :D Jake :D Peepee :D Nosey :D Lucy :D Kato :D Tom :D Rascal :D Cream :D Chico :D Casper :D Maui :D Crash :D Blackjack :D Joey :D Arlene :D Tom :D Kahuna :D Big Boy :D Mika :D Buster :D Grey Boy :D Smokie :D Spooky :D Cruiser :D Sparky* :D Miss Kitty :D Raistlin :D Boo :D Seamus :D Marco :D Tizon :D Scar :D Alex* :D Black Kitty :D Guinness :D Beethoven :D Jesse :D Moon :D Barry :D Beeker :D Raja :D Nefeli :D Rocky :D Tummy :D Callie :D Milo :D Grace :D Matty :D Porky :D Scruffy :D Luna :D MEL :D Tommy :D Indy :D Jasper :D Velcro :D Max :D Maximus :D Mally :D Dillan :D Webber :D Sami :D Basil :D Quincy :D Tasha :D Spot :D Donovan :D Smokey :D Max :D Hank :D Jasmine :D Boomer :D Kitty :D Max :D Baby :D Scrabble :D Tugger :D Jake :D Pedro :D Supermax :D Jezebel :D Nay :D Vesta :D Tuffy :D Magnolia :D Ducky :D Maggie :D Six :D Heart :D Trey :D Milo :D Lily :D Bandit :D Yoda :D Johnny :D Weeble :D Achilles :D Muffin :D Trouble :D Savannah :D Sue :D Esmeralda :D Skipper :D Bid :D Gimli :D Mowgli :D Shadow :D Frip :D Tinkerbell :D Cinnamon :D Austin :D Morpheus :D Haley :D Khan :D Leonard :D Mocha Jo Latte :D Julius :D Gracie D :D Simba :D Binks :D Choco :D Daniel :D Noxin :D Tasha :D Kushi :D Java :D Yemala :D Billy :D D'Artagnan :D Cedric :D Titus :D Checkers :D Garfunkel :D Curry :D Angel :D Simon :D Cow :D Junior :D CheekyFace :D Gobnait :D Mr. Howell :D S'mores :D Jynx :D Star :D Cinco :D Ahmin :D Lug :D Max :D Apollo :D Mr. Tinkles :D Smokey :D Milo :D Shanga :D Atticus :D Sam Siam :D Mikey :D Elie :D Tiki :D Kitty :D Vyktor :D Kiwi :D Ruby :D Lucy :D Mooch :D Boo :D Simon :D Mr. Kink :D Buca :D Wonton :D Salem :D Daphne :D Scooter :D Tucker :D Orange :D Jasper :D Max :D Kismet :D Katmandu :D Fur Ball :D Atticus :D Shadow :D Red :D Hoot :D BJ :D Bast :D Molly :D Honey :D Ruben :D Molly :D Jackson :D Rocky :D Wink :D Angie :D Chyna :D Soldier :D Mego :D Star :D Leo :D Gobbles :D Zoey :D Timber :D Cain :D Cleo :D Purrcee :D Scamper :D Willie :D Kitty :D Hardy :D Lucky :D Nikki :D Sammy :D Oliver Twist :D Beast :D Jupiter :D Harley :D Farine :D Charlie :D Bucky :D Onyx :D Elian :D Pixie :D Miou :D TooToo :D Monet :D Clyde :D Shadow :D MrCat :D Twice :D Errol :D Sassy :D Jerry :D Scooter :D Samantha :D Freddie :D Boots :D Jersey :D Davidson :D Dimitri :D Juno :D Pixie :D Boomer :D TRIXIE :D

I'm very happy for you Amy & Mark! What a rare occurrence for a kitty on insulin for so long to go OTJ. Sorry for the length of the video but this event was quite remarkable! :mrgreen:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Reason for edit: fixed video link
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations Trixie, Amy & Mark!
    :RAHCAT dancing_cat flip_cat party_cat

Take time to enjoy celebrating. This is so wonderful.

Great video CD.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

CONGRATULATIONS
    TRIXIE,
    AMY & MARK!!!

[​IMG]

Enjoy life at the Falls!

It's always great to see someone defy the odds and Trixie is clearly a very special girl. Only one word of warning -- this doesn't mean you get to disappear! I hope you'll post and keep us up to date on Trixie and all the kitties and you.

(And what is Trixie's OTJ date?)

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS TRIXIE!!!

Welcome to the Falls!!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT dancing_cat flip_cat flip_cat dancing_cat flip_cat flip_cat dancing_cat :RAHCAT :RAHCAT​

WOW! Congrats to all of you, and especially you Miss Trixie. Amazing story yu ahve ther Trixie. I am so rated that you can now officially be an OTJ kitty, FREAKING AWESOME!!! Enjoy this very special day. party well. I know you deserve it.

And I agree with Sienne - you can't disappear. please keep us updated on the kitties and the both of you. :D

CD: Awesome video!

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS, AMY, TRIXIE & MARK!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!​

:mrgreen: :RAHCAT dancing_cat flip_cat party_cat :mrgreen: :RAHCAT flip_cat party_cat :mrgreen:​

I agree with the others...

DON'T BE DISAPPEARING ON US, YA HEAR? :lol:

Great job, guys!!! I really don't know how long Trixie was on insulin, but you definitely defied the odds. Seeing you guys defy those odds after such a long time makes me believe that perhaps there's still hope for Blackie. WTG!!!!!! :mrgreen:

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT TO THE FALLS TRIXIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, how exciting for you guys! I could not be any happier for all of you ... such hard work and dedication the past few years, and not just dealing with diabetes either! I hope you guys can take a deep breath, know you made it to the falls, and enjoy this P A R T YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG OMG, my heart is pounding!! Amy, I'm so excited and happy for you, the hairs are standing up on my arms!! TMI? :lol:

This is a day I've been so hoping for. Congratulations Amy, Mark and Trixie!! :RAHCAT

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Thank you, Carolyn, for the beautiful video.

And thank you, Lantus Land, for...everything. Trixie would not be here today if it weren't for each and every one of you, and I would not have the confidence to care for her without your amazing knowledge, support, and love. And not only Trixie...how many times have you guys helped me through tough times with my civvies? There is NOTHING like the power of LantusLand Prayers!

We may be spread out across the globe, but Lantus Land is the truest definition of "family" that I know. Trixie's diabetes has truly been a blessing, for without it, I wouldn't have an incredible bond with her, and I wouldn't have you!

Honestly, the thought of disappearing, the thought of not doing a daily condo for Trix, and thought of not visiting my LL family every day makes me quite teary eyed. And, because the circumstances of her OTJ are so unusual, I don't think I can stop testing on a daily basis - I do have to admit that while we are blessed with this OTJ thing, I want to be on top of things. So, I'm afraid you're stuck with me!

The last day I shot insulin was April 22nd, since that was the first really bad day of her pancreatitis attack...I guess we could consider that her OTJ date, but it's really a blurry line since we didn't follow the traditional OTJ path.

Soooooo, since I can't bring myself to NOT post a Trixie condo, I will BBL after I eat my breffis to do so. I have a new little kitten step to report :D !!

Much love and many hugs to you, my family....

Amy, Mark, Trixie, Noah, Petey, Zen, and Frankie

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Congratulations and Well Done, Trixie and Amy and Mark!!!​

Great pictures of the Trixster! She is such a cuddler. :lol:
    Awesome video, CD! Thank you. :D :D
    Liz

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh Amy, I am so happy and excited for you and Mark that Trixie's OTJ party is here finally! What a beautiful video, CD. Trixie is one special and lucky kitty to have you as her Mamabean and Mark the DaddyBean.
    Congratulations Trixie, Amy and Mark!! Now I want to go back to watch the video and take it all in a second time.

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

11. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Trixie, Amy & Mark!!![/center]
    WOOHOO!!! party_cat party_cat party_cat

I have been waiting for this!!!
    I am so happy for you!!!

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT THE BIG DAY IS HERE! TRIXIE IS OTJ! :RAHCAT​

CONGRATULATIONS TRIXIE, AMY, & MARK!!!​

We are so happy for you guys. And what a wonderful video! The whole happy family will celebrate tonight. Trixie, enjoy the Falls and don't forget to write!

Ella & Rusty

Yo Trixie! You made it!! I'm so proud of you!! We are going to have one great party tonight. Here's the menu. Hope you like the fuds. See ya later.
    ~ Chef Rusty

Appetizers: Green Champagne Cocktails; New Jersey Microbrews; 12-foot Meatball Subs; Clams on the Halfshell; Assorted Paw Prints Pizzas; Sushi Bar manned by LL Sushi Chefs Neko and Tess.
    Entrees: BigMac's Burger Extravaganza; The Boss's Favorite NJ Hotdogs; Chef Mannie's Renowned PNW Poached Sockeye Salmon with Catnip Mayo; Chef Rusty's Thunderin' Bison Chili; Grilled NJ Tomatoes with Rosemary Stuffing; Turkey Burritos with NJ Garden Salsa; Grilled Chicken Kabobs.
    Salads: Butthead's & Donny's NJ Field Greens with Fresh Grass Clippings; Jersey Confetti Slaw.
    Desserts: NJ Blueberry Blizzard SnoCones; Maggie's Signature Cheesecakes with Fresh NJ Peach topping; LL Chief Pastry Chef Tess's Surprise Dessert; Tobey's Cimmamum Cookies; Chef Stu's World Famous Catmint Parfaits.

Kitchen Krew, get ready to roll. This is going to be a wonderful evening.

13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I am so happy for you, Amy. I'm relatively new here but you have been there for me and I just couldn't think of LL without you so I'm glad Trixie took an unusual way of going OTJ if it means we have the best of both worlds, you and OTJ Trixie.

Love the video. :RAHCAT :thumbup :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: flip_cat flip_cat

14. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

OMGoodness Trixie is OTJ?!?! :RAHCAT I saw the post on FB and just had to drop in and say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I read this and literally had tears in my eyes for you, you and Trix must be so happy!

Trix, enjoy your pokie-free days!

Tracy & Leo

15. Amy&TrixieCat

Actually , Tracy...Trix followed a very non-traditional route to OTJ. She developed a nasty case of pancreatitis and since she wasn't eating, I wasn't shooting juice. Something about the pancreatitis woke up her pancreas, and she suddenly didn't need juice anymore :shock: ! So, we didn't go through a traditional OTJ trial. It has been over 2 months now since she's had a shot!! Trix, like her MamaBean, likes to do things her own way....

16. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, happy tears!!! The day we've been waiting for is here! Though we all have been celebrating Trixie's kitten steps over the last couple of months, today's celebration 'seals the deal!!' Many many cheers to Trixie, you, Mark and the rest of the kitty clan, Amy!! There will be lots of parades and fireworks and jumps for joy in honor of Trixie!! YIPPEEE!!!

:RAHCAT dancing_cat flip_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat flip_cat

17. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS TRIXIE, AMY & MARK!!!​

What a wonderful thing for Trixie to go OTJ after all these years. You both such wonderful beans and your love and patience is what brought us to now. The crew is very lucky to have you and you them.

I'm so glad you aren't disappearing. We've been together since the beginning and I would miss you. It is a great day in LL. Hey, it even brought Tracy & Leo back to the board for a day. That is always a good thing.

18. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

WOW!!!

This is so exciting Amy. Congrats girl. I hear that there will be fireworks tomorrow ....JUST FOR YOU. :lol:

19. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

WOW WOW WOW CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL WAY TO GO MISS TRIXIE

Hugs and lubs and head butts from Do Lou and I we hardly come to the board anymore but this just made my day to see you go OTJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT otj_icon :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

20. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat CONGRATULATIONS, TRIXIE, AMY & MARK!!!!!!! dancing_cat dancing_cat

As always, Trixie does it "her own way"!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

21. jcc1531

jcc1531 Member

CONGRATS TRIXIE , Amy and Mark!!!!!
    :RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT

22. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

WAY TO GO TRIXIE!!!

DANCE AMY & MARK!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO MARK!!

WOOT WOOT! YARD DANCE!

23. Tininha & Juno

Tininha & Juno Member

Congratulations Trixie, Amy and Mark!!! Oh Happy tears... I'm so happy for you, Amy! WhoHoo!!!!! Juno was on the juice only for 4 months, but I still test him everyday and I like to see on a regular basis how the other kitties are doing in LL. I can imagine how you feel after having Trixie for so long time on the juice. Well done, Mommy!

Now let's celebrate!!!!!!!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

24. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh Amy, i'm so thrilled for you. You and i joined at the same time and I feel a special something for Trixie. I'm so glad she's come through the pancreatitis and it's gotten rid of the pokies for her!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

heehee CD - awesome video! 6 minutes! :shock: :lol: but i watched every moment of it. Loved all the pics of miss trixie snuggling with her brothers. and plotting her beans' demise while on the kitchen counter! :lol: Thanks for sharing that with us - it's an extra special day when a kitty on insulin that long goes OTJ!

Amy, do you remember Morgan's Farewell Letter to D'Artagnan's Diabetes? It sure sums up the mixed blessings/curse of FD.

I'm glad you're not going to disappear - we need you. :YMHUG:

25. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat WAY TO GO TRIXIE, AMY & MARK! ENJOY THE FALLS!! dancing_cat dancing_cat

So inspiring to see this happen after such a long time! We're hitting the 2 year mark, but I guess we shouldn't give up hope!

26. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Happy Happy Joy Joy congratulations all, look for video on YouTube can't see on the kindle....

27. MonetsMom

MonetsMom Member

Congrats Trixie, Amy, & Mark !
    :RAHCAT flip_cat :RAHCAT flip_cat :RAHCAT flip_cat :RAHCAT flip_cat :RAHCAT flip_cat​

28. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Congratulations Amy, Mark and Trixie!

[​IMG]

Enjoy your Life at the Falls!

…! For your special dessert I am making Mountain Stack Cake! Every kitteh will want to come to your party, so we needs lots of extra layer everyone! This will be the biggest Stack Cake ever! -- Tess, LL Chief Pastry Chef p.s. Is about time you gots party!!!

OMG!!! 3 years! You give us all hope!

29. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT
    Whoop Whoop Whoop!!! Congratulations Trixie, Amy and Mark!!!! :RAHCAT

Attached Files:

30. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, my goodness, saw the wonderful news on FB and had to head over for the party. Congrats on the wonderful news, guys!! So happy that Trixie finally got there! Enjoy the Falls!!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

31. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

Yay Trixie!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

party_cat party_cat party_cat

dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

32. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

All of Lantus Land is dancing today!! There is going to be one HUGE kitty party tonight. I am so happy for you Amy and Mark - conventional or not, Trixie still got the job done. :D :D :D :D :D Thanks to a great pair of beans too!

[​IMG]

Loved the video - especially Trixie as a Bruce fan! :lol:

33. Amy&TrixieCat

Thank you, everyone, for all the visits, well-wishes....and the fuds, oh the fuds!!! The kitties have already packed up and headed off to the party. I told them to behave, have fun, and bring us a small sampler plate of all that yummy fuds! I suspect we won't see them till the wee hours of the morning...

34. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS TRIXIE, AMY, MARK and the whole rest of the crew!

YOU DID IT!!!!

I haven't been around here much but for this, I'll come back! Appears to me that Trixie made this decision all by herself. Yes in a very odd way! I'm sorry she's having other problems but this one less is HUGE!!!!

I am so happy for you guys. No one has been a more diligent Mom than you and it goes to show that

'faith will be rewarded'

Congratulations again and of course..
    ENJOY LIFE AT THE FALLS!!!!

[​IMG]

(even though you'll be posting every day ;)

Lotsa Love,

Caryl, Sebastian, Jakey and Dylan xo

PS Carolyn...You've outdone yourself :)

35. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

TRIXIE. YOU DA BOSS

[​IMG]

Lots of dancing kitties tonight. Lots of happy, happy beans. Great story. Great inspiration. Soooooooooooo happy.

Marilyn and Polly

36. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Woohoo!!! Congratulations Trixie, Amy and Mark!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

37. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

CONGRATULATIONS TRIXIE, AMY, and MARK!!!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! OTJ!!!!!

Our wish for you, sweet Trixie, is a long, happy, healthy life at the FALLS!!!!!

[​IMG]

This is a really, really sweet one!!! Fantastic video, Carolyn!!! Our hearts are so happy that Trix is OTJ regardless of whether it is conventional or not. And we would be so sad to not continue to see a Trix condo every single day!!

38. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

*** OTJ ***

After THREE Years ?!?!?!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TRIXIE, AMY & MARK!!!

AWESOME !!!!!

YOU ROCK !!!!!

HAPPY TIME !!!

[​IMG]
    Enjoy Life at the Falls

39. dpaslean

dpaslean Member

Great job Amy.
    It's so nice to see the list now up to 291!! :mrgreen:

40. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Falls!
    Sit back and stay a spell.... :mrgreen:

41. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat Congrats Trixie, Amy, and Mark!

I'm so happy for you :mrgreen: :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

I love how Trixie is snuggling in so many pics and her sweet little face just begs for smooches :D :D I hope you enjoy life at the falls! :YMHUG:

42. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Heartfelt congratulations to you!
    I agree about continuing to monitor Trixie's BGs on a regular basis.
    But at least you're not restricted to a specific test/shot time, though the routine is a hard habit to break.

[​IMG]

MJ

43. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat Congratulations, Amy, Mark and Trixie!!! dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat​

I LOVED the video! Amy, you have some wonderful pictures of your furbabies. What a beautiful family. I'm glad you are not going to leave us. We would really miss hearing from you. Continued blessing on you all and many happy days ahead.

44. ChEMom

ChEMom Member

Congratulations Trixie, Amy & Mark! :RAHCAT

45. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Congratulations Trixie, Amy and Mark! :RAHCAT

46. Amy&TrixieCat

Thank you, everyone, for all the visits and well wishes and congratulations! As I said on FB yesterday...We could not have done this without all of you, so Trixie's triumph belongs to everyone all of us :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: !!!

The kitties here aren't talking, so I think that means last night's party was stellar drinking24 party_cat party_cat !!!

47. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Congratulations Trixie, and Amy & Mark !!!
    [​IMG]
    This is such a nice occasion. I am so happy for you :D

I loved the video. I wish Trixie, and the rest of your family, a very happy and long life at The Falls. :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.