Out of honeymoon??

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by sherrib, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

Skittles has ( had) been in remission for a year and 2 weeks. He has a badly infected tooth and was put on antibiotics ( Zenequin 25 mg, SID ) and his BG levels have been high.

My question is , is he now considered out of remission now? For example, he wasn't officially on remission until he had low numbers for 2 weeks straight, if I'm remembering correctly)

He got his first insulin dose this AM. First time he has needed it since Dec 5,2015. But his PM reading was only 124 so I didn't give him any.

Here are his numbers for today
    AMPS = 436 (gave 1 unit )
    +2= 401
    +6.5= 128
    PMPS= 124 ( 0 units)

Could it be possible that it was just the infected tooth causing his high levels and that he could still be in remission? Also, I didn't know that Friskies has changed their formula for their food and it's possible that he could be eating over 10 carbs. I keep him at very low carbs, The highest carbs he gets is when I give him mixed grilled Friskies which has 11 carbs in it. So I really need to find out if his food is now too high for him, but I cannot find the list for which Friskies he should be on right now ( the new one since Friskies changed ) Since I couldn't find the list I went and got him some fancy feast but I am feeding 2,cats and a 3 ounce can is just not working.

I am still not working and I am completely out of money ( I am being serious & being 100% honest, I can't even afford to pay my car insurance this month ) I have no idea how I can afford test strips for my meter, I am actually going without my medication so that I could take him to the vet yesterday.

I was very worried that my insulin wasn't good anymore because it has been sitting in my fridge for a year and I used it about three or four times before he went into remission. But by going by his numbers today I do believe it's working , do you? His SS is up to date.

My other issue is.... really bad brain fog/ memory lost . This has been going on for almost 3 weeks , I see a doctor next week. So I'm having a very hard time remembering what to do and not do right now with his diabetes .

2. sherrib

Hello?

This AMPS= 167 No insulin

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You could also post this on the main health forum that gets more traffic than this one.

4. sherrib

Thank you, I did and was told to post here to get more attention LOL .

5. sherrib

How do I delete this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.