Info Pardon our dust...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Alex (GA), Jan 30, 2019.

1. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Please pardon our dust while we're undergoing some remodeling. The stickys in 'L, B, & L Land' will be under construction over the next few days. Try to be patient. You know how it is with any remodeling project --- one will undoubtedly hit a snag where least expected. I have a few other projects going on at the same time, but I'll try to finish up as quickly as possible.

I wanted to give you a little sneak peek in case you're frantically looking for something in the midst of the project...
    • the 'Don't Panic! or How to Handle Low Numbers' section from the 'Shooting & Handling' sticky will become a separate sticky
    • 'TR' and 'SLGS' stickys will be combined in a new 'Dosing Methods' sticky
    • the 'Is Tight Regulation Possible with a Full Time Job? Yes!' sticky will be incorporated into the new 'Dosing Methods' sticky along with the explanation/description of the Tight Regulation Protocol (TR)

That will leave us with a total of six stickys:
    1. The Basics: New to the group? Start here!
    2. Insulin Care and Syringe Info: Handling, Drawing, and Fine Doses
    3. What is the Insulin Depot?
    4. Dosing Methods: 'Tight Regulation Protocol (TR)'* and 'Start Low, Go Slow Method (SLGS)'
    5. 'Becoming Data Ready to Shoot Lower Pre-shot Numbers' & 'Handling Lower Preshot Numbers'
    6. Don't Panic! or How to Handle Low Numbers

If I don't get them locked fast enough, do not respond to sticky posts. If you have questions, please ask in your daily thread.

Thank you!
    ~ Jill

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the remodeling!
    Looking forward to seeing the new stickies

3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Don't get too excited. We're only doing a little remodeling... working with what we have. We're not starting from scratch. :)

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  4. Jill & Alex (GA)

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Bump

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Thank you , Jill :bighug:

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Awesome! I’m sure we’ll all love the new “look”!

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Thank you.

9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I just read this sticky and was wondering if it should be clarified that 50 is for human meters. 68 is for pet meters. :bookworm:

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

This warning is posted across the top of that sticky, the TR sticky, the SLGS sticky, and the Becoming Ready to Shoot/Handle Lower Pre-shot numbers:

THE USE OF PET-SPECIFIC METERS IS DISCOURAGED BECAUSE REFERENCE NUMBERS ARE FROM BLOOD GLUCOSE METERS CALIBRATED FOR HUMANS

The problem with stating specifics for methods which weren't written for pet specific meters is the equivalent to 50mg/dL is an unknown/exact number. Contrary to what you'll often hear, 50mg/dL on a meter calibrated for humans is NOT the same/equal to a 68mg/dL on a meter calibrated for pets.

68mg/dL for pet-specific meters was simply a number *chosen* to provide a little buffer in the event of low numbers... a number *chosen* because of an awareness of some caregivers blatantly ignoring one of the requisites of the protocol when they choose to use a pet-specific meter. You'll notice there has never, ever been an attempt by that same researcher to define numerical equivalents between human and pet-specific meters. Personally, I found it interesting to watch this 68mg/dL business for pet-pecific meters spread across the entire board, encompassing all insulins and all dosing methods. It's interesting to me because there's nothing scientific to back it up or support the action, but I digress.

You'll note the creators of the TR Protocol itself have not adjusted their protocol to include the use of pet-specific meters. As a matter of fact, to this day they continue to specify the use of human glucometers when following the protocol. There is absolutely no mention of pet-specific meters at all. From my perspective (right or wrong), I think it would be rather presumptuous of me or the FDMB to take it upon myself/ourselves to change the requisites of the protocol they created.

The SLGS protocol was written prior to that of the TR protocol. The use of pet-specific meters never, ever was a consideration.

FWIW, just my thoughts...

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

You know the possibility I mentioned in the first post... the one about running into a snag... I found it. :arghh:
    Or I should say it found me! :rolleyes:
    Working on it. :banghead:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  12. Jill & Alex (GA)

[​IMG]

Thanks for your patience! I'm having minor issues with spacing, font size, and format. I'm beginning to think this software has a mind of it's own! I'll get back to this as soon as I can, but I wanted to get something up as soon as possible: Dosing Methods: Start Low, Go Slow (SLGS) & Tight Regulation (TR). I'll leave the original links in the post up until I'm finished.
    If anyone runs across dead links here in L, B, and L Land please let me know. We'll get to them as soon as we can!

Thanks for your help!
    ~ Jill

13. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you just realise computers have a mind of their own?!!:joyful:
    They are the most wonderful but frustrating objects around!
    They are like the little girl with the curl.... when she was good, she was very very good, but when she was bad she was horrible:joyful:

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Finished.
    Thank you for your patience! :)

15. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Thank you, Jill. Great job!

16. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Thanks for the remodel.

I think it highlights some pertinent points more clearly.