Paws and fingers crossed (anti-jinx)

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Amy and Six, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Hello Honeymooners!!!

We are on Day 13 OTJ trial for Six and things continue to go smoothly (anti-jinx).

I have a few questions...

How often after it's "official" should I test Six in the first month?

How many of you continue to feed "snacks" or mini-meals?

Is there anything else I should know that I wouldn't naturally think about asking?

Thank you!!!!!

2. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Anti-Jinx to you keep up the good work dancing_cat :YMHUG: party_cat Kath

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Ooh, good luck!! flip_cat party_cat

Testing -I think everyone tests at different paces depending on their kitties numbers and comfort level. I only continued to test as often as I did because the goofy cat wouldn't eat without it, she'd just go sit in her testing spot give me a dah-mom-you-forgot-something look until I tested her and rubbed her side where she usually got the shot, then she'd run off and eat. I had intended to go once a week the first month, then once a month, plus any weird situations, after that. I've got one of the flattest numbered cats made though so I wasn't too concerned about missing any spikes.

Food- We've loosened up the feeding schedule quite a bit since we don't need to worry about food affected numbers and have gone to more free-feeding. We feed 2 main small meals to make sure everyone gets at least that and leave the auto feeder lids open during the day.

See you at your party !!!

4. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

Amy & Six
    Welcome to the Honeymooners club!
    Way to go!
    Debie & Jezebel

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Amy & Six,

I was just over at your party earlier! Way to go Six! Congratulations; you made it!

Ann & Maggie

6. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Amy, I'm so happy for you and Six. You did such a great job for him, and now you have your reward.

We are 3.5 months OTJ. I started testing once a week. Then every two weeks, and I just waited three weeks. (He was 73 today, yay!) I think I'm going to one month now. I observe his drinking habits (he drinks no water) and his box (normal). When his fur is smooth as silk, I know his numbers are good.

As for food, we free feed. I have stopped putting a plate in front of his face, as I used to do at snack times. He's lost a few ounces, and I think he's feeling better. Six is probably closer to ideal weight than Kitty.

It's a good question about whether to offer snacks if you're not free-feeding. Maybe you could cross-post on the health forum.

And again... CONGRATULATIONS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.