? Pearl 1/8 AMPS 353; +2 332; +4 241; +6 256; +9 234

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Jan 8, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

HELLO!

I am totally new to TR (transferred over from SLGS) and Pearl is in Cycle 5 of Lantus 1.25U. Her numbers flop around. My plan at present is to hold this dose 8 or 10 cycles based on advice from this group - can you look at her chart now that I have data for today and tell me if you agree? Aside from 1 dip into blues, she is still heavily pink and yellow.

I will post daily and look forward to getting to know you all :) Here is her link from yesterday and the day before:

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...in-bg-readings-need-help.240967/#post-2712950

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...nking-of-switching-to-tr.241148/#post-2714878

General question: Pearl is still on Pred 2.5mg (for other issues). I have weaned her down to every 3 days. Is it wise to make sure to give the Pred and increase the insulin dose on different days?

Additional medical conditions: chronic pancreatitis and IBD, asthma, chronic pneumonias and upper respiratory issues. Medications: cyphroheptadine, gabapentin, cerenia, pepcid, flovent, azithromycin (every 3rd day), prednisolone (every 3rd day).

Thank you for your input. I've tried to include as much information as I can in her chart about type of food and daily feedings, medications etc.

Margaret and Pearl

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Margaret! Glad to see you're using calipers, it's helpful when measuring the dose. Also great news on moving to TR. It allows you to increase in as little as 6 cycles when the numbers aren't cooperating. I believe the Pred is helping to elevate the numbers and the increases may eventually help to bring those numbers down.

It does sound as if she has a number of health issues to deal with so she has a full plate of challenges.

Best of luck to you on your journey! I wish you both well and hopefully soon you'll start to see better numbers! Keep up the great job!!