Peeing!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tilou, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilou

Tilou Member

Quick question: does anyone else have a problem with their diabetic kitty peeing while waiting to be fed?

Bob used to pee uncontrollably a lot when his numbers were over 500 but even though he's still high his incontinence stopped once the numbers were under 400... but in the last two days he's had a couple of "accidents" while sitting/laying in front of his feed station.

He didn't seem to realise he's done it. I've checked it with a urine strip and nothing untoward in the reading.

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Maybe a UTI? Might have the vet check it out, in case he needs ABs. :bighug:

3. Tilou

Tilou Member

I wondered about that. He's going to the vet tomorrow for a BG check with her, so I'll see what she says.

The poor little mite only had a 10 day AB course recently and a two day stay in the hospital on a drip, so I really hope its not :(

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Awww, poor guy. Maybe he needs a different AB for a few days. Sending prayers and good vetty-vines for tomorrow!:bighug::cat:

Tilou and Becky & Baby Girl GA like this.
  5. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I have never seen this in males but in females sometimes the muscles that contract "down there" may not be working as well as they could be. I know for dogs they give something called "Proin" not sure about cats...prayers

Tilou likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.