Peeka 12/3 need dosing advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Dec 3, 2020.

1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/peeka-amps-272-6-49.239497/#post-2692344

Good afternoon everyone,

I've linked my other thread above, Peeka got down to 49 earlier today at +6. She has since gotten up, may be on her way to a bounce. I was wanting to check and see if we are needing to reduce her dosage moving forward. Her spreadsheet the last few days has been all over the place, so I'm not sure how to proceed here. I think I have seen that if she goes below 50 that it calls for an immediate reduction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  2. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

( @JanetNJ answered on the other thread linked above about reducing the dose)

You may have read this in the Prozinc Dosing Methods Sticky

I know you've got your plate really full but have you looked into which dosing method you'd like to follow? SLGS (Start Low Go Slow) or MPM (Modified Prozinc Method)? They are your guide so you know, even if no one happens to be online during dosing time, how to handle low pre-shots and how to decide whether to maintain, decrease, or increase the dose. It's important to choose one so we can help and guide you based on the dosing method. SLGS has reductions at 90, but MPM has reductions at 50 - the number you mentioned above that you may be thinking about.

3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

SLGS sounds like the best bet at this time. We have a baby on the way next week and I’d rather not try and have to coach my sister on a hypo event. I’ll go ahead and adjust dosage tonight. Still waiting on the PMPS.

Shelley & Jess likes this.