Peeka curve day, dosing advice needed

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Dec 11, 2020.

1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Hello everyone!

My wife is about to give birth to our daughter any day, I just performed a curve to see what Peeka’s BG is looking like, we recently had a hypo episode and decreased dosage, but now I’m wondering if we should consider increasing it since she doesn’t seem to be getting back into the blues over the last few days. Curious as to what everyone thinks?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I think she's ready to go back to 2.75u. Are you following any dosing protocol? Normally you don't want to stay at a dose that isn't working for longer than a week.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

SLGS, I just haven’t been able to perform any curves with my work schedule. I’m willing to go back up, I just won’t be able to test as aggressively since we may be in the hospital for a few days.

Deb & Wink and JanetNJ like this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

How exciting! Congratulations! I agree go to 2.75

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Gotcha, you may have to play it a bit by ear until your daughter decides to make her arrival.
    Ideally, if numbers are consistently above 150 after 7 days (SLGS) you bump it back up. I think you test enough that curves aren't a necessity as well.

Deb & Wink and Peter (Peeka&Boo) like this.
  6. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I appreciate it, I’ll have (hopefully) plenty of time until the end of the year for testing once we get back home. I’m sure the baby will keep us busy though.

Deb & Wink and Panic like this.