Pet Insurance - Which do you have & would you recommend it?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doug N Libby, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Pondering getting pet insurance for Oreo before we schedule his teeth cleaning. Tried to glean information online, but everyone wants my information. Last time I did that, I couldn't get rid of the people! So, hoping y'all can help.

Which pet insurance do you have and would you recommend it? Wish I could find one that would cover Hershey, but that's a pipe dream...

THANKS!!!!

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Re: Pet Insurance - Which do you have & would you recommend

A friend of mine has had great luck with Trupania. They paid for x-rays, cat scan, lung surgery for cancer, chemo, UTI. Prior illnesses are not covered. She has been denied a few times but her vet wrote letters and they reversed the rulings. The age cut off is 14 and she started with them with a 12 year old cat and pays $50 a month. Vet visits and routine stuff not covered. It has saved her many thousands of dollars. Her cat's priors were IBD and pancreatitis.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I use VPI for Gizmo. They've paid a good chunk of his annual visits and shots. The vet accidentally put some of Gabby's charges on Gizmo's bill and they got paid, too!

4. Doug N Libby

Thanks, y'all! (I wouldn't mind a few of Hershey's bills accidentally getting paid :smile: )

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Unfortunately, Hershey has a "pre-existing condition" and I doubt you can get insurance for him.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I think Deb and Spot uses Banfield and they get two or more dental cleanings covered per year. You might want to send her a PM. I think she's pretty happy with it.

7. Doug N Libby

Unfortunately, Sienne, you're right about Hershey. :sad: I can get pretty basic insurance for him, but it didn't seem worth it. That's one reason I wanted to ask around for insurance for Oreo before he gets 'a condition.'

Thanks, Dyana. I'll try to send her a PM in the next day or so.

8. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

That's wonderful information to look into. I may have to consider getting it when I become employed. I know it won't cover Blackie's pre-existing condition of diabetes, however, it may cover anything in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.