? Pet Smile toothpaste flavors

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi all just wanted to know who ever uses this toothpaste which flavor did you buy. Thanks

Jennifer R. likes this.
  2. Amy and Socks

Amy and Socks Member

I bought rotisserie chicken, but I haven't used it yet, so I can only tell you the flavor I bought, not whether my cats seem to like it.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I looked up reviews. They are mostly focused on dogs, not cats. The product also contains glycerin and doesn't say if it's plant derived glycerin. At least on Amazon, it's listed as a toothpaste for dogs. It also sounds like the dentist that developed this product isn't a vet.

I always used Virbac C.E.T.

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) I didn't know that thanks Sienne I will look that one up so these ingredients in the CRT are OK for diabetic cats
    Ingredients
    Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Sorbitol, Purified Water, Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous, Hydrated Silica, Glycerine, Poultry Digest, Dextrose, Xanthan Gum, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Thiocyanate.
    these questions were asked on the chewy site and they responded with these answers, so is this safe for our diabetic cats
    does this product have sugar in it?
    This food contains Dextrose which is a type of simple sugar
    can it used for a diabetic dog
    Due to your pet's diagnosed condition, we recommend consulting your Veterinarian to see what would be a good fit for your little one's current treatment plan

What is the source of glycerin?
    This toothpaste uses vegetable glycerin in its ingredients

Why does this contain dextrose (a sugar) and sodium benzoate (a preservative)?
    Dextrose is added to the product since it reacts with glucose oxidase to produce hydrogen peroxide in the C.E.T. Duel-Enzymatic system. Sodium benzoate is a preservative commonly used in foods, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics
    Did you buy the poultry flavor

I found this on the petsmile werb site
    Petsmile Professional Pet Toothpaste - Rotisserie Chicken Flavor - Large
    $25.00

DESCRIPTION
    • PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    • BENEFITS
    • INGREDIENTS
    • No Brush Toothpaste for Pets
      Did you know brushing your pet’s teeth daily with Petsmile Professional Toothpaste will help them live happier, healthier, longer lives? Just like you, cats and dogs also get cavities, lose teeth, experience receding gums, and get periodontal diseases such as gingivitis. Using Petsmile daily will significantly improve the oral health of your dog or cat. It’s been proven that good oral health will help prevent heart, liver, and kidney diseases.

Veterinarian recommended Petsmile is the first and only toothpaste accepted by the VOHC (Veterinary Oral Health Council) for plaque inhibition, with Calprox. The VOHC recognizes that Petsmile meets the highest standards for your pet’s oral health.

Petsmile’s proprietary formula Calprox is clinically proven to inhibit plaque and tartar buildup by gently dissolving the protein pellicle. The protein pellicle is the thin bio-film that forms on the surface of the teeth, to which plaque, bacteria, and stains adhere. Removing the pellicle leaves your pet’s teeth cleaner and whiter while improving gum health and providing kissable fresh breath.

Petsmile is formulated with human-grade ingredients. It contains calcium, magnesium, phosphates, to re-mineralize and restore enamel. Petsmile is BPA-free, silica-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, gluten-free, allergy-free and vegan.

The no fuss no brush formula makes it easy to improve and maintain even the fussiest pet’s oral health. Simply apply Petsmile on your cat or dog’s teeth and let their tongue do the rest. Your pet can immediately eat or drink after applying Petsmile, no need to wait. However, for best results, we recommend brushing your pet’s teeth with a toothbrush or use ourPetsmile Applicator Swabs once or twice a day. The great taste that pets love makes it easy to use Petsmile as a healthy treat up to 2 times a day.
    Here are the ingredients for the chicken flavor
    Petsmile uses only safe, human-grade ingredients and is BPA-Free, Paraben-Free, Sulfate-Free, Silica-Free, Gluten-Free, No Animal By-products.

Calprox
    Our proprietary formula that gently dissolves the protein pellicle - a thin layer of protein that forms on the tooth surface, to which plaque, bacteria, and stains adhere

Deionized Water
    Ion-free water that maintains the texture of the toothpaste

Glycerin
    A natural sweetening and preserving agent

Citric Acid
    An organic acid that assists in reducing tartar and removing stains

Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate
    A polishing agent that restores tooth enamel

Cellulose Gum
    A vegetarian-based thickener that creates a creamy texture

Urea Peroxide
    A natural preservative and whitening agent

Carbopol 934P
    A gelling agent for smooth, glossy texture and easy flow from tube

Potassium Hydroxide
    Prevents tooth decay by neutralizing acidity

Flavor
    Rotisserie Chicken flavor (No Animal By-Products)

Sodium Benzoate
    Protects the Rotisserie Chicken flavor

Phosphoric Acid
    A stabilizer and polishing compound

Cetylpyridinium Chloride
    A germ fighter that reduces halitosis producing bacteria

What do you think , so the glycerin in CET is plant derived?
    Reading about all of this who knows what is safe for diabetic kitties

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Tina and Salem likes this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) so the VirbacC.E.T. toothpaste is OK for diabetic cats even though it has dextrose and glycerin in it

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It was what I used at the recommendation of my vet when I was in Chicago. At the time, I didn't do an investigation of the ingredients.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) Hi there in regards to the pet smile toothpaste whether or not the glycerin is plant derived , I emailed them and just got a response

Hi Diane,

Our glycerin is plant derived. Does that help you?

Warm Regards,

Ephraim.

Sent: Monday, January 27, 2020 10:03 PM
    To: ephraim@supersmile.com
    Subject: Re: RE: New customer message on January 27, 2020 at 4:38 pm @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.