Petition for Lowering the Price of Lantus

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KPassa, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

TL;DR version: Please sign this petition to the distributors of Lantus for lower prices for pet parents.

Background: There was a post in LantusLand fb group the other day about Lantus prices just going up and up and up. I was lucky that when I was using Lantus, I managed to get in on the Lantus Savings Card so I only ever paid $25 a pen. Many people have not been allowed to use the Lantus Savings Card for various reasons from the vet not having an NPI number to Sanofi (the manufacturer) outright denying its use on pet prescriptions.

The last time I had called them (actually the distributor, McKesson) was in March of 2013 before I even tried (successfully) to use the Savings Card. At that time, they told me that it was for the prescription and not the patient so it didn't matter if it was for a cat. I was one of the few that my pharmacist didn't even question it and simply accepted the Savings Card and I went on my merry way with my $25 insulin. Even though the Terms of Service for the Savings Card has remained the same since then, the phone number and the number of pens covered (from 6 pens to 3 pens) had changed, so I figured it was time to give them a follow-up call.

The gentleman I spoke with on the phone was as helpful as he could be when I asked for a link to some TOS or documentation stating that we could not use the Savings Card on pets because there was nothing anywhere that said pets weren't eligible. He said he'd gotten 20-30 calls already about this and he wasn't the only one and felt really bad for us pet parents. I asked him if there was anything any of us could do about it and he said we could call Sanofi directly (800-207-8049) and he also suggested signing an online petition that would be sent to them. I found a petition already in the works (linked above) that had been sent to Sanofi and ignored. At this point, the petition will be sent to the distributor (McKesson) to see if they will listen.

If you haven't already, please sign! Maybe we'll someday get through to BigPharma.

2. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Bump. We can make a difference and they might even listen if enough people take a moment to sign this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.