Phoebe's Rebound pt. 10

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by EricH., Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Phoebe was also 386 @ +3

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Vent away, I understand. Before I had a diabetic cat I was able to pay my bills and even take little vacations now and then. Now I'm in debt and if it weren't for this site it would be worse. They showed me how to save money by home testing and feeding cheaper OTC foods. Hopefully your former employer will come through and with spring coming you will find more work.

EricH. and Kris & Teasel like this.
  3. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

279 @ +9

4. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

328 @ PMPS

5. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

220 @ +4

6. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

408 @ AMPS

7. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

439 @ PMPS

8. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Okay just wondering can Phoebe's hi numbers be a result of her switching over to just wet food a few weeks back?

9. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think the switch to all wet food would cause an increase in BG, but you went from free feeding to two meals/day with a snack when you're home, correct? Maybe that could have something to do with it? Do you still have any Young Again? If so, maybe try it and see if there's a difference. Hope others will chime in with their opinions.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Eric! What is the carb count for the wet food you are now giving her. The YA is approx. 1 % carbs so anything over that could be responsible for her hike up.

Looks like she hasn't seen a green number since 1/23. When did you switch to wet food? Usually wet is best but the YA is so low in carbs that if the wet is higher in numbers it could be the culprit.

And that said, from the 25th of Jan to the 2nd of Feb there are no night time test so it is hard to know the whole picture. If you can get some during the PM it would help to know the missing pieces of the puzzle.

EricH. likes this.
  11. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I doubt the highs are due to that. You could try an ever lower carb food maybe and see if that helps? Gypsy needed foods under 5% carbs rather than the normal 10%. It is possible the meal feeding is causing it, though I don't know why it would.

Maybe try a few different things and see what works? You could try the YA again to see if that changes the numbers or lower carb wet...just one change at a time to see what is causing it.

12. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Bobbie and I cross posted. I didn't realize YA was so low in carbs! Sooo....yeah could be that.

13. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Because I'm having a rough go of things I haven't been able too buy YA anymore. I had to reach out for assistance. D.C.I.N. won't buy the dry because they feel it's not good for her even though it's YA. So they sent me Nature's Variety Instinct turkey formula and chicken formula. Phoebe has been 100% off of YA since 1/17/17.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  14. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

401 @ +2
    Opening new thread tomorrow!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  15. Bobbie And Bubba

Eric I give Nature's Variety chicken, rabbit and venison to my guys. Just pick out the carrot and pea pieces, that is what I do. They don't need those vegetable carbs.

EricH. likes this.
  16. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Bobbie will those carrot and pea pieces make her numbers jump?

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Carrots have a lot of natural sugar and peas are high in carbs. I take a fork a lightly mash through the portion I am going to give and remove them. I have never let Bubba or my civvie eat them. Cats are carnivores and it makes me mad that the cat food companies put veggies in the food.

EricH. likes this.
  18. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

322 @ +4.25

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.