Please help - online Caninsulin in Scotland UK

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Linda1313, Sep 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda1313

Linda1313 New Member

Hi everyone

I live in the Highlands of Scotland and am wondering if any of you who live in the Highlands, manage to get Caninsulin from an online supplier. I have tried several ….. one supplier even took my order on Thursday after me asking and then they confirmed that they delivered to my area ……. then I received an email today saying they had to cancel my order because they don’t deliver to the Highlands. I was furious. I have had to order an emergency supply from the vet, because my baby girl can not wait. Many of you know, it is just so much more expensive ordering from the vets.
    Thanks
    Linda

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Linda1313 likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Linda1313 and Diana&Tom like this.
  4. Linda1313

Linda1313 New Member

Thanks so much.

5. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I have an on again/off again pen pal relationship online with a lady named Gemma in Inverness, who has 5 cats and 3 of which are diabetic (she rescued) and I know she uses Caninsulin. It's been about a month since I've heard from her (normal for us), so I can email again and ask. Since COVID hit last year, I know she switched to online so I can ask?

Linda1313 and Red & Rover (GA) like this.
  6. Linda1313

Linda1313 New Member

Hi Candy and Company …. That would be fabulous! I live in Inverness too.
    Linda

7. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Ooh good, okay! I'll fire off an email to her now.

Linda1313 likes this.
  8. Linda1313

Linda1313 New Member

Thank you.

9. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

You're welcome. She's 74 and a bit of a night owl so I have my fingers crossed she gets back to me soon. I flagged the subject line as, "!!!! Need help?" so here's hoping. If not, I'll post her to reply either here (so others might benefit) or right to you in a private message.

Linda1313 likes this.
  10. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Could you maybe ask for delivery to a friend with a non-Highlands address and collect from there???

Linda1313 likes this.
  11. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

12. Linda1313

Linda1313 New Member

Hi there, only just getting around to seeing these replies ….. was working all day and it was the first time in a while that I’ve been so long from my baby girl. When I came in she was alert and bright and glad to see me. In these early days never too sure how she’s going to be from one day to the next but she’s doing fine. Sleeping all day …. But she is 12 I guess and when I play with her she’s alert so that’s a good sign. Thank you so much Candy and Company for sending an email to your friend. How lovely and kind she seems to be … taking in 3 diabetic cats as I’m finding one cat such a challenge to manage. Diana & Tom thank you. We’ve thought of that and may be something we can explore ….. perhaps combining a visit to my brother who lives in England and picking some up from there sometime ….. we have a small fridge that we can plug in the car so we will be able to transport as that seems the biggest problem and that is why apparently they don’t deliver up here because it is too far away and they can’t guarantee it being delivered in time. Thank you again so much. Linda

Diana&Tom likes this.
  13. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I finally got a reply from my friend Gemma, it came in over a week ago, I'm sorry I haven't been here to pass it on. Linda, I'll send you the email in PM but to paraphrase what she said, she's run into the same problems you have lately. She mentioned some hit or miss successes with vetpharmacy.co.uk but mostly that she's been buying in bulk for her 3 diabetic cats and using her son and grandson to help her to get them, so @Diana&Tom had a great suggestion about friends outside of the Highlands.

Diana&Tom likes this.
  14. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.