Please help remember Charlie with smiles

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CD and BigMac, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking day here...

We are so sad to hear that sweet Charlie has crossed the bridge.
    Many tears for Jill today.
    I am so very sorry. (((((((Jill))))))))

Jill asked that I put the video back up so we can remember Charlie with some smiles. cat_pet_icon
    I am honored to do this small gesture for Jill and Lona.
    After all, Charlie did earn her OTJ status.

[youtube]cvMwfHJb8SA[/youtube]

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: OTJ PARTY FOR CHARLIE TODAY!!!

Dear Jill, We are sending our thoughts and prayers that Charlie will have a peaceful passing. We are so sorry.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Rusty

This was to havebeen an entirely different day.

WELCOME TO THE FALLS CHARLIE & JILL​

CONGRATULATIONS!!!​

Ella & Rusty

Hi Charlie,
    As Head Chef of LL it is my pleasure to present you with the menu for your OTJ party. Hope ypu like the fuds!

Chef Rusty

Appetizers: Trappist Beer; Dutch gin niptinis; Mussels with Saffron and Ginger; Crispy Herring; Chicken liver pate with Katenspek; Assorted Paw Prints Pizza.
    Entrees: Mansaka; Rookwurst in Stamppot; Roast Pigeon; Lekkerbek; Jachtschotel; Chef Mannie's Renowned PNW poached Sockeye Salmon with Catmint Mayo.
    Salads: Butthead's & Donny's Nederlands Field Greens; Slaw with Hollandaise.
    Desserts: LL Chief Pastry Chef Tess' Special Dessert; Tobey's Cimmamum Cookies; Chef Stu's World Famous Catmint Parfaits.

Kitchen Krew, get your passports in order. We're heading to Amsterdam

Great video, CD.

3. houghtam

houghtam Member

Hardey says, "Welcome to the falls! It's GREAT here!" He thinks we should all try your lounging ways... we might be missing something! Congrats!!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

4. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Another OTJ Party WooHoo!!!! Congratulations on making it to the falls, Charlie! Enjoy the no pokie days!!!

Attached Files:

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT TO THE FALLS CHARLIE!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on making it to the falls!! I hope that you come back often and give us updates on how well charlie is doing!!

6. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Yay Charlie & Jill!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT​

7. Picknickchick

Picknickchick Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Charlie!
    What a handsome tuxedo guy you are.
    Do all your favourite things today!

[​IMG]

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

The jet is gassed and ready to pick up all the kitties cause we is going to Europe! But we must be on our bestest behavior - Charlie is at the ER and needs our help! Kitteh Choir, BMG - let's get the music ready to help Charlie feel better.

Signed Maui the Magnificent

[​IMG]

I just want to add - that I am so very sorry what happened, but I so love the video and how Charlie's favorite position seemed to be laying down, even her play she laid down...she looked like she was such a fun and loving girl.....fly free sweet Charlie - you are much loved and will be sorely missed.

May you find lots of places to lounge and relax at Rainbow Bridge.

Jill, may you find peace and comfort in the days and weeks ahead.

9. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

Congratulations Charlie and Jill! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If you've not seen Jill's post, Charlie is in shock and is being treated at an ER. For the moment, your well wishes and vines could be used in Jill's condo about Charlie's status.

11. CD and BigMac

I put a hold on the OTJ video for now so we can all concentrate on sending our thoughts or prayers for Charlie to recover.

((((((((Hugs to Jill and Charlie)))))))

12. CD and BigMac

Bump for the video

13. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Although we're all saddened by the passing of Charlie on what was supposed to be one of his best days ever, this video is a tribute to him that did indeed bring a smile to my heart. As time passes, and the pain starts to fade, I know Jill will look back at this video with love and laughter.

Congratulations Charlie...You did indeed make it to the Falls!

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This is a bittersweet moment. I love the video and especially love the toes giving Charlie a belly rub. It made me smile through my tears. Charlie has earned her place at the Falls and earned her wings. Fly true and steady sweet Charlie.

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful tribute to a sweet kitty. She did make OTJ. Fly free sweet Charlie.

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

This indeed a bittersweet moment. The video s wonderful,and what a nice way to celebrate Charlie's life, her status as an OTJ kitty, So deerved. Fly free Charlie, on your golden wings.

17. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Such bittersweet sorrow.. She is hopefully enjoying the falls in heaven with other OTJ kitties..

Sorry for your loss.. :cry:

18. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

A beautiful celebration of a beautiful little spirit....

19. houghtam

houghtam Member

I loved the video this morning when I watched it, and even more this time. You can tell that Charlie was an exceptional kitty with lots of personality. She will be missed. I am sure she is lounging at the bridge and giving lessons to the other kitties there on how to do it.

Jill, I am so very sorry for your loss. We all feel your pain today. My heart aches for you. Such a sad day in lantus land. Charlie truely touched everyone here with her sweet face and spirit.

Hugs.

20. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Not only did she get to the Falls but she crossed the Rainbow Bridge at the same time rb_icon She was a very special kitty and we celebrate her today wings_cat

21. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

There are beautiful waterfalls in Heaven and Charlie has earned her place there by being OTJ.

Amazing video, Carolyn.

I saw a double rainbow today and I'd like to think it was Checkers and Charlie letting us all know they are just fine.

No matter the tragic sadness of this day, YOU WENT OTJ, CHARLIE!!!!!

22. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Smiles and tears together here! You did make it to the Falls Charlie! The Two Chefs on the Bridge are sure to make your party a very special occasion! For once all our GA kites will throw the party and the others watch and remember! Fly Free, Charlie!

23. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Charlie is OTJ and Flying Free. Bittersweet. She's such a beautiful little girl and who could resist that little laying position. Blessings to Jill and Lona on this day of ultimate freedom. Fly free, sweet Charlie. You've earned your wings to fly over the Falls. wings_cat

24. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Sending you a rainbow of smiles to remember Charlie, from our part of the world and our smiling hearts to you. It's a beautiful place to run and play and wait to join beloved beans again.

Attached Files:

25. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Jill)))
    Charlie is such a beautiful kitty and what a wonderful video and tribute to her with happy memories.
    I just read Charlie's other condo, and I am so very sorry. My heart and prayers go out to you and your partner.
    Maggie is one of the GA kitties waiting to meet Charlie. Lots of hugs.

26. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

Wonderful video, CD! It did make me smile, and then cry that this lovely, lively kitty is now gone. It's clear that she had a happy and loving life. Big hugs to Jill and Lona for their loss.

27. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

Thank you, sweet friends. We are here with very heavy, painful hearts today. Our apartment is so quiet and empty that it's real hard to get used to the lack of Charlie's presence. Ella and Rusty: That meal sounds so very fun and so very Dutch. Charlie would have loved it.

We went out with friends for a real nice lunch today. It helped us forget this heavy situation for just a little while today.
    Tonight is going to be really hard on both of us. Our eyes look like big, puffy, red pillows. We are both emotionally and physically exhausted, yet cannot sleep.

I hope today Charlie is resting on her back up on soft white clouds in the sky, looking down at us with healthy, kitten eyes and energy. I really cannot even begin to explain how sad we feel today.

That video is a perfect tribute to a real sweetheart with a huge personality.

28. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

I was out of town all day yesterday, and came back last night to this :cry:
    I remember when you first appeared on FDMB with your Dutch tuxedo girl. She reminds me of my Donovan, who I also lost rather suddenly after managing to go OTJ.

[​IMG]

Lighting Butthead's candle to welcome Charlie to the Bridge. You know she has a lot of wonderful LL kitties who will welcome her.

[​IMG]

rouwbeklag...
    MJ

29. CD and BigMac

[​IMG]

30. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Tears of Joy & Tears of Sadness. You made it to the Falls and the Bridge, Charlie - what a cat! The Falls must be so much more beautiful from there! Loved the video & such a personality!!! Have fun with all your FDMB buddies at the Bridge, Sweet Charlie - you are surely missed & in our hearts forever!! wings_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.