please review chance's curve

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Holtfam6, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Holtfam6

Holtfam6 Member

Hello

Doing a curve on chance today to decide what to do with his insulin. doing a curve with blood checks. He's at 4.25 units twice a day. Should we increase or hold steady? according to modified dosing, we should increase 0.25 units. We did have one drop in the 40s with 4.25. We put him alone in a bedroom to eat his low carb and one of the other cats were accidentally locked in the room with him so think he didn't eat his full meal causing a drop. @FrostD @Suzanne & Darcy

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Technically with the 40 you want to hold at least 10 cycles...I would see where he lands after this bounce clears before considering an increase.

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I do think that, after waiting the 10 cycles you will be due for the .25 increase, but I still just wonder where these occasional lime greens come from? How’s he doing otherwise? Any weight gain?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  4. Holtfam6

Holtfam6 Member

i do think the lime green from the 4.25 dose a few days ago was my fault. He didn't get his full meal since his buddy was in the room with him and i wasn't aware of it. the other lime greens, I have no clue. He's doing good otherwise. I think he has gained some weight. He will go back to the vets in december for a 3 month check up. They offered to do it by emailing his numbers, but my daughter wants him seen and weighed. We are also questioning teeth. He has some stinky breath. He is missing a canine tooth but the vet looked at it and said it was completely gone. When we were fostering him, we thought maybe that was why he was so difficult to get to eat.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

It is good to hear that Chance is doing so well. You are right about getting him checked out by the vet. As I am sure you know already, a bad tooth or teeth can really tend to raise blood glucose numbers. Any kind of infection or inflammation can do this. I have had that same thing happen with one of my cats; one day I noticed that one of her canine teeth was missing, she had completely resorbed the tooth root and all. It was just gone. The vet checked to make sure there was no root left. You might want to also have him tested for acromegaly or IAA (insulin auto antibodies).

Holtfam6 likes this.