PMPS- 511 --- AMPS- 344 --- AMPS +6- 387

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BoobyK, Jul 23, 2020.

1. BoobyK

BoobyK Member

Just updating, I was expecting a lower number tho.:(

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. First time at one of your condos. Are you following a protocol? If feeding dry it would be SLGS. Otherwise it’s up to you. You really need night tests, at least a +2 or before bed test. I found +3 very helpful. Many cats drop lower at night.

Here’s your previous post. We link them for continuity.
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/pmps-511.232207/#post-2600869

3. BoobyK

BoobyK Member

Sorry I was asked to start a new thread as the other was getting to long. I test at 10:30 am/pm due to my schedule, not sure what you mean by condo, couldn't find it in the glossary, please explain what type of protocol??? Don't mean to sound confused but I sure am LOL, Thanks for response.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

condo = place where our cats hang out. Or in other lingo - it's our daily threads or posts.

Have you read the Yellow Starred Sticky Notes at the top of this forum? Lots of good info in there. In particular, the one on Dosing Methods described the two dosing methods here that people use. Only one of them, the Tight Regulation method is actually a dosing protocol. The other Start Low Go Slow is a dosing method developed here over time.

BoobyK likes this.
  5. BoobyK

BoobyK Member

Booby has been on Lantus 1.5 units twice a day 1/2018 thru 3/2019 and was increased to 2 units when his numbers started going higher, no explanation why as he was eating the same foods since 1/2018. He had a bad episode of vomiting for 4 days and not keeping food down. His appetite was there but he would stop within 3 to 4 licks of his food, His numbers fell low due to all this and its like i am starting over finding the happy medium. Vet checked organs function/bloodwork and his ketone test last week was 0.5. He was given Cerenia and Famotidine. On group advice his dose was dropped to 0.75 because of his lows. Now that his stomach is settling and his eatings improved his numbers are getting higher. I can get full curve Sat. All that said I guess I am at the SLGS but will need to increase soon I'm sure. Appreciate the followup:cat: