? PMPS always black; change feeding schedule?

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Maestro's Mom, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Maestro's Mom

Maestro's Mom Member

Seeing a definite pattern with Maestro's high numbers occurring at PMPS reading. I have been feeding a total of 9oz Fancy Feast Classic pate (seafood flavors) per day; 3 oz @ PMPS +11, 1.5oz @ AMPS +4, 1.5oz @ AMPS +9 or +10, and 3oz @ AMPS +11. His weight is holding steady at 17.4 pounds (big Maine Coon male).
    I'm thinking I need to adjust his feeding schedule. Thoughts/advice? (cross=posted in Lantus forum)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You are correct, a feeding change might help. Most of us will test, then feed, then give insulin at preshot. Most of the carbs should be fed before nadir. After nadir, the insulin is waning and carbs will cause kitty lose duration and numbers will shoot up. Can you change his feeding schedule so that most of the carbs is fed before +6? The feedings at +9, +10, and +11 are not helping his numbers.

Maestro's Mom likes this.
  3. Maestro's Mom

Maestro's Mom Member

Thanks Wendy. I’ll eventually figure this out and get as much control as we can with the Acro.
    I’m checking into surgery at AMC.

JeffJ likes this.
  4. Maestro's Mom

Maestro's Mom Member

5. Maestro's Mom

Maestro's Mom Member

Thank you Wendy!

Changing him to 2 feedings per day; one at AMPS and one at PMPS. Test, feed, shot. His numbers already are beginning to look much better. Seeing some blue at +3!! :bighug::bighug::bighug: