PMPS reading of 46 when +2 was 333?? Andrea and Crushy advice on tomorrow's dose

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Andrea and Crushy Carran, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Andrea and Crushy Carran

Andrea and Crushy Carran Member

The bounces continue for my Prozinc girl ... I've held her reduced dose since her last low event. Today she was 350 at amps and then 333 at +2 -- I happily went off to work only for hubby to test her at pmps and get a 46! Slowly rising; no symptoms of hypo; not shooting tonight. I expect a big bounce in the morning and am terrified to leave town on Friday with my petsitter doing the testing and shooting. I will reduce her dose in the morning by .25 and hold that until ... any other advice?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

If you ever get a BG reading that seems really off, test again ASAP.

Vacation dose. Cut the insulin dose back even more, and have your pet sitter give a reduced dose from what you are currently giving.
    For example, cut the dose in half. So that Crush would only be getting 1U from your pet sitter.
    That may set her back in her progress. But you should be able to pick back up when you are back in town.

Be sure to print the hypo instructions, and post them in hardcopy (printed out) where you pet sitter can easily find them.
    Sticky How to treat HYPOS - THEY CAN KILL! Print this Out!!

The title is a bit dramatic, but there are some good instructions on what to have in your hypo tool kit and what the different level of hypoglycemia symptoms are.

3. Andrea and Crushy Carran

Andrea and Crushy Carran Member

Poor hubby - when I'm late getting home from work and he sees a number under 100 he just feeds her -- he tested 20 minutes later and it was in the 60's which is super weird -- then at an hour was in the high 70's -- also super weird. This morning she's in the black of course -- haven't seen that color for 5 days :(. Thanks for the vacation advice - will follow to the letter.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

If your cat sitter is able to, she could sign on to the message board.

If your cat sitter is able to, she could keep your SS updated while you are gone.

You'd have to give her permissions and id's and passwords. Not sure if you are comfortable with doing that.

Passwords can be changed later.