Possible blood in urine? Need advice.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Danoodle009, Feb 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danoodle009

Danoodle009 Member

Hello! Pinky has been doing incredibly well; I haven't been keeping up with his spreadsheet, but his BG numbers have been in the normal range and he's eating enough, drinking plenty, playing, grooming himself well, and acting so spunky.

This is a little TMI, so sorry about that. In our litterboxes, we use box liners. Our big boy often scrunches them up trying to bury everything. This morning, I noticed that there was a pool of urine with quite a bit of poop in the middle of the puddle. The puddle was pretty dark. This is probably me just being paranoid, but should I be concerned, or is it just the fact that he happened to pee on some of his poop? He isn't acting out of the ordinary at all, he's still eating well, and being in a generally great mood. Should I just keep an eye on him the next time he uses the bathroom? Thank you for your time on this.

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Pinky seems to be doing just fine, and with that in mind you could probably monitor him till he pees again and see uf everything is ok, just don't let a lot of time pass try and catch him next time que does it

3. Danoodle009

Danoodle009 Member

Thank you for getting back to me! I watched him the next time he used the litterbox and his urine looks totally normal. We have a crystal litter, so it's easier to see the color vs. a dark, clumping litter. I think I was just being paranoid - but I will keep an eye on him nevertheless!

4. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I'm glad it was a false alarm, better safe than sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.