Possible Somogyi Rebound?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Nikko, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko New Member

Nikko had been OTJ for about 7 months....Had a bad bout of constipation and when taking him to the vet for treatment(multiple enemas) and blood work. His sugar was high in his blood work(333). So after getting him home we started home testing again to see if sugar was up from the constipation and treatment or needing some help......

As you can see from his spreadsheet he was in the mid-200s for about a week, so I decided to give him a little boost to see if I could get him back in line......Now I am wondering if that was a bad choice, as it seems that he is just getting worse the further along we go......

FYI-The insulin is about 9 months old, but has been in the refrigerator the entire time and the vet assured me it should be fine, while maybe not as potent. Looks fine to me...no floaters

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

After 9 months no matter what type of insulin you are using if it has been pierced at any point I would not trust it to be working at all. If the insulin container has not be pierced at all and is still within the expiry date then it should still be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.