Post for Katray01 - need help on food for multiple conditions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Katray01, Jan 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katray01

Katray01 New Member

Hello
    Is the cystitis the crystals in the bladder?
    I have got a diabetic cat and one with the crystals. She is on Royal Canin SO diet. And she has to go straight to the litter box immediately after eating.
    I’m wondering how to make the raw diet for all of them. Do you have a recipe? I have 6. It’s so hard to have some many on different foods. Thanks

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Katray, I've started your own post so you can get answers just for you and your situation.

First, you might want to read some information on the Catinfo website (written by a feline nutrition vet) on urinary diseases. Check the blue link here. Cystitis is not crystals, though there may be some crystals present as there was in my cat. He was one of the special urinary foods at first, but it was very high carb.

If you tell us a bit about your kitty some back ground on her diagnosis, what insulin and dose she's on, maybe we can help.

For the raw food, I used two different premixes, only one of which is available in the US. If you look at the Catinfo website I linked above, she has a recipe for making your own food.

3. Katray01

Katray01 New Member

I’m sorry I’m just seeing this. Thank you for posting that for me.
    1. Wiggles is 9 and his my diabetic. Since. Dec 30th 2020
    2. Lily Ann adopted her from shelter2 years ago. She was having diarrhea and seemed to be wet all the time. They did a ultrasound and said she had crystals in her bladder. And never seen one that young with them. They put her on the Royal Canine SO dry and canned food. From that she started going start to litter box every time she ate. Took her back vet. They said some cats do that. So she got she won’t eat the canned in it. So I ever tried the HP in the Royal canine SO. Still same problem. She has very loose stool. So been trying to find something all can eat. So since the diabetic one everyone is eating friskies pate can. No dry.
    3. Thomas has loose stools also and he’s licked the hair off his back legs. His ears seems to stay hot feeling all the time. And I got them a grooming brush you stick on the concor er of the walls so they can brush they’re selfs. He rubbed his head and mouth on it till one of his teeth come out. He’s got a dr appt for next week. I’m thinking he has food allergies.
    Iv got 3 others they seem ok. But I’d love to fed everyone something and it be helpful for all issues and keep them all healthy. Thanks for reading

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome.
    A raw diet is an excellent diet for cats. Depending where you live, you should be able to get a premix to add to the raw food to make it a complete meal nutritionally.
    If your kitty has loose poops do you think it is from the food, or allergies? I have a kitty who reacts to pork and chicken so I don’t feed her those meats and she mostly doesn’t have loose poops. She sometimes also gets itchy skin and watery eyes. I give her 1/2 Zyrtec for that and it settles down quickly.
    S Boulardii is an excellent probiotic to add to the food for loose poops. A lot of people use the Jarrow brand. I get mine from iherb.

Are you home testing the blood glucose levels with your diabetic kitty.? Are you able to set up a spreadsheet so we can help you with dosing .,.if that is what you would like?
    Here is a link to a spreadsheet and home testing hints https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/how-to-create-a-spreadsheet.241706/
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/hometesting-links-and-tips.287/

Not sure if any of this helps but keep asking questions

Bron

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

No really, cystitis means inflammation of the bladder. Crystals in the urine can cause inflammation of the bladder but there are other causes of cystitis too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.