Prayers for Barb and Checkers ...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Barb asked me to post on here that tonight at 5 p.m. She will be letting her boy Checkers go to the rainbow bridge .. He will be greeted by his sister who has already gone ahead .. She would appreciate any prayers for a safe, calm passing ..

As we all know, this was a hard choice for Barb .. But to let your kitty go when they are suffering, is the greatest act of love we can show them .. And Barb loved Checkers ...

Barb told me the other night on the phone that when Checkers passes, it will be the end of an era .. She got Checkers and his sister when they could both fit into the palm of her hand .. Checkers only knew a life filled with love from a mom that would do anything for him .. Now he will run and play and be healthy with his sister and wait till he sees his wonderful mom again someday ...

Checkers, it was an honor meeting you ... I'll hold it close to my heart that you let me rub your little feet ..

Fly Free Checkers ... wings_cat

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Thank you Devon. I am so sorry to hear this and the tears are flowing. Barb - You were a great bean and Checkers loved you to the moon. Please know that I am praying for you and Checkers and sending you all my love. Fly free little one and land softly. We will light a candle for sweet Checks tonight. ((((Barb))))

3. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking for you, Barb. But as Devon said, you will be giving Checkers the greatest gift of love tonight. Prayers and vines for a peaceful passing or Checkers and gentle hugs for Barb. Fly Free Checkers

4. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Devon, thanks for updating us

Barb, my thoughts and prayers are with you. His sister will be there waiting and Im sure many other kitties will be there to greet him. You were a wonderful bean and we could all see how much you loved and cared for Checkers.

Fly Free Sweet Checkers, and land softly.

*Hugs*

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Barb)))

I am so sorry that you have had to make this loving and painful decision. I am sending my prayers for a peaceful crossing for Checkers, and my thoughts will be with you as you send him to meet his sister at the Bridge.

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Many hugs for Barb.
    Praying for a peaceful crossing for beloved Checkers.

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Barb))))) We all know how hard this is. Thinking of you and your furbabies as you let Checkers go.
    Liz

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((((Barb))))),
    We are sending our prayers for Checkers that he will have a safe and peaceful crossing. His sister and so many of his old friends will be there to greet him. You are giving him the gift of peace and taking his pain away. He loves you and will always be watching over you. Thinking of you. It is almost 5 P.M. Feel the love and support of all of your friends here in LL.

Love and hugs,

Ella, Edward, and Rusty (and Stu, who is waiting for his old pal at the Bridge)

9. Picknickchick

Picknickchick Well-Known Member

<3 Our prayers and love surrounding you, Barb, and your dear Checkers. <3
    <3 Be held in the love of this community and everyone who cares about you. <3
    <3 Peace and love surround you, dear ones. <3

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((((((( Barb and Checkers))))))))))
    You're in my thoughts and prayers. Praying Checkers has a safe and peaceful crossing.
    Lighting a candle now to help light the way to the bridge.

Much love and hugs...

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Barb)))))

This is an extraordinary act of kindness given how much a part of your life Checkers (aka "Checkbook") has been. Hold all of the memories of a happy and healthy boy close to your heart. That is the Checkers that will be greeted by all of our kitties who are at the Bridge. My thoughts and tears are with you.

12. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this over on LL Devon.
    Barb I'm so sorry to hear about Checkers! :sad: Fly free sweet boy and make sure you and your sister let mommy know that you're all right and that one day you will be with her again and all your hearts will be healed and full once more. <3

13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Hearts are breaking all around the world tonight as we bid a fond farewell to a LantusLand legend, our dear, sweet friend Checkers. Heaven gains another beautiful angel this evening, and we will all feel the warmth of his enormous spirit shining down on us. Much love, many hugs, and prayers now and always....

14. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Sending warm hugs for you and hope for a peaceful crossing for Checkers. Although it hurts you terribly to set him free, this gift is true love. It hurts so much because you love so deeply. Checkers was a legend here and we are crying with you tonight, we will miss him. It seems like just yesterday when he went OTJ and we laughed together at his cute photos.

We are here whenever you want to share memories and stories of sweet Checkers. We'd love to hear them.

Prayers for you Barb. cat_pet_icon

15. BorisV

BorisV Member

Oh, Barb, so very sorry. Having just gone through this myself, my heart in in 1000 pieces for you. Know that there IS a kitty heaven and that Checkers will be meeting my lovely Tashie and they can play in the clouds together. I feel your pain and have tears in my eyes for you, there are no words to heal you, wish there were.

Fondly,
    Bern

16. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Barb,
    I'm SO SO sorry it's Chex's time to cross....BIG HUGE LOOONG HUG. Remember, he's not gone, you just have to hug him differently. You shared a fierce love - it continues...

Fly free sweet baby....

Another BIG HUG,

17. TokyoKitty

TokyoKitty Member

Barb, my heart goes out to you. Checkers will always be there beside you, his spirit watching over you, waiting to rejoin you someday...

Attached Files:

18. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Barb))))), I am so very, very sorry. Checkers will always be an LL Legend.

I am sending you love and light.

19. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry ((((((Barb))))))) I just lit a candle for Checkers to help him find his way.
    The tears will come, right now I'm in shock. Fly Free Checkers and :) frolick with your sister.

20. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Lighting Butthead's candle to show Checkbook the way to the Bridge... :cry:
    [​IMG]

Butthead and Donovan will be waiting there for Checkers.

MJ

21. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry your baby's time has come. You're once again showing him how much you love him, letting him go when it hurts so badly. He has a lot of friends from LL meeting him at the bridge, that's for sure. At least he won't be alone and he'll once again be healthy. He knows how much you love him. I'll be thinking of you.

22. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Barb, Mega hugs for you, and your sweet boy as he makes his final journey. There simply not enough words to express the emotions that are running through my mind, my heart. Our kitties love us unconditionally, and we them. Checkers knows the love and devotion you had for him. He knows and is ever so grateful to you for this final gift of unselfish love: allowing him to pass with dignity and grace. He thanks you from the bottom of his heart. His gratitude will be eternal. Do know that you will always be with him, in your minds eye, and tucked away in the corner of your heart.

Fly free sweet boy. Your sister is waiting for you, as are Mannie and so many others. They wait with lighted candles to guide you safely, calmly, lovingly. Always remembered, never forgotten.

Attached Files:

23. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Barb))) I'm so very sorry. Lots of tears here for you and Checkers. My heart and prayers go out to you. Please pm or call me any time. Having just gone thru this, my heart really hurts for you. You were the most wonderful Bean to Checkers. His sister, along with all the GA kitties will be there waiting to help Checkers cross, Maggie, too. I will light a candle for Checkers.

24. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry it was time to say goodbye... (((hugs)))

25. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

26. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Barb, I'm so sorry. You did a loving thing for Checkers. He's happy & healthy at the bridge with his sister. Sending hugs and prayers to you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

27. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Devon. This post saved me from having to explain what was going on today.

Great big hugs to you, my friend.

28. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Barb, as other have already said, your decision was made out of the utmost love, so we all know it was the best one for Checkers. We all know how hard that choice is to make, but his soul is free to fly now, and the body that failed him is gone.

We wish we could fill the whole in your heart right now, but only time will help to heal that.

You have my deepest condolences....fly free sweet Checkers...fly free wings_cat

29. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

(((Barb))) What a wonderful bean you are and we are crying in our hearts for you. Many warm hugs for you and sweet Checkers, may you fly free!

Lisa & Leo

Thank you for posting, Devon

30. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Barb I'm sorry for your loss. Checkers will be missed by everyone here. He was a special kitty.

31. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Checkers went to the rainbow bridge this evening, surrounded by love from not only his momma Barb, but surrounded by love from every member of lantus land.

32. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Fly free and land softly, Checkers. You are loved by many, but your mama bean loved you most. Continue to watch over her from beyond the Rainbow Bridge. She'll need some extra looking after. Bless your sweet soul.

Many hugs and prayers of comfort to you, Barb. My heart aches for you in your loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.