? Prefilled syringe 04/06 Puddin AMPS 267, +2 386, +4 455, +7.5 403

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bella & Puddin, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    Reason for edit: Question
  2. Gravy and Vicki

Gravy and Vicki Member

He's a handsome boy! I'm glad he's being so cuddly.

Bella & Puddin likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, you can fill the syringe the hour before hand, but I wouldn't extend it much past that.
    Neko's happy zone was initially the low 300's. She would head to her catnip toys and start playing then. :rolleyes: Thankfully, over time, her happy zone changed to low blues/high greens. I compare blood sugar to a coffee buzz - they get used to having lots of it and can have a hard time at first with less. Neko's first greens she dove under the bed.

Continuing on the discussion from yesterday, I do think he needs to be tested for acromegaly, and while you are at it, a test for IAA (insulin auto antibodies) goes to the same place - Michigan State U, so it's a cheap add on. Neko had both conditions.

As for your vet thinking he doesn't have signs, just Sigh! :banghead: Been there with my vet and seen it so often here. The most recent papers say only about 35% of acrocats have acro symptoms on diagnosis. But Puddin does have symptoms. His dose went above 6 units, and there are a lot of acros who don't even get to 9.5 (Neko maxed out at 8.75 units). He has stridor, he has polyphagia (amazing appetite due to excess growth hormone, think teen age boys), and he's a large cat that's solid muscle not fat. We compare our acros to little football players. He's also gained a couple pounds back since diagnosis in spite of not being regulated.

I would love to be wrong. I had to practically arm twist my vet - she thought kitty had to get to 10 units first. In her favour, this was before most of the recent (starting 2015) research came out showing one in four diabetic has acromegaly. The most important thing about testing, is that if he is positive, he can be treated. And we can tweak our ideas on dosing too. Ask your vet to humour you - I has to ask multiple times. You are the client. The clinic owner called them "exotic tests", but after I was right I earned respect. Later the clinic owner admitted I knew more than he did about acromegaly. Not a super high bar. :p

Bella & Puddin likes this.