prozinc no good for gizmo?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jamie N Gizmo, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Jamie N Gizmo

Jamie N Gizmo Member

been having a hard time regulating gizmo. wether i go up or down in dose doesnt seem to matter. for the most part he hangs out in the 400s. 2.5 units looked promising the other day..then back up he went. he went into remission in 2014 on prozinc. should i try a different insulin? could that be the issue? its the only variable at this point...

2. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Hi Jamie. I think Gizmo might benefit from a little more consistency and, if you can get it, some more data. ProZinc is dosed based on the nadir, and there’s not a lot of data to know how low the different doses may be taking him. I know it’s hard with work and just life, but if you can get some mid-cycle numbers on the weekend, that would be helpful. And during the week, anything to help fill in the picture could be useful. For example, maybe you could get a +10 some evenings between when you get home and when he gets his shot?

Can you help fill me in on your dosing choices? For ex, on the 14th, you held the 2.5 on a 114 PS, and I have to wonder if the higher numbers for the next couple of cycles were a bounce from what was very probably a low nadir that day ...? If that’s what was happening, then raising the dose might just make him bouncier .... is that why you went with 2u this pm?