? Prozinc storage mishap

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gill & Mac (UK), Dec 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gill & Mac (UK)

Gill & Mac (UK) Member

Hi - sorry to bother you folks on Xmas Eve....
    Went to get a new unused vial of prozinc from the fridge this morning and realised that it had been stored upsidedown for 7 weeks.
    Is this likely to have caused any harm ? The only possible reason I can think if is because the insulin will have been in contact with the stopper the whole time but surely the manufacturer must allow for that sort of thing.
    Just panicking a little - can anyone help?
    I'll post this on both the main health & prozinc forums as I imagine traffic will be very light today
    Thanks
    Gill

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Tagging @JanetNJ and @Panic in the hope that they might be around to answer your question, Gill.

Yuletide blessings to you, Mac and all your loved ones.

Mogs

Panic likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I really doubt it will make a difference. YOu could probably wipe the top with an alcohol wipe if you are concerned... but i'm sure the top touches the box fairly frequently just with regular handling.

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm thinking during shipment they're probably all sorts of upside down so I imagine it's fine.

Critter Mom and JanetNJ like this.
  5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

@JanetNJ, @Panic - Thank you, ladies. Wishing you both the very best for the festive season. :bighug:

Mogs

Panic likes this.
  6. Gill & Mac (UK)

Gill & Mac (UK) Member

Thanks Mog, Eliz & Janet.
    Wishing you & your families (furry & otherwise) a very happy and safe Christmas!
    Gill x

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.