Question about BCP Vet Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by mdelisle, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdelisle

mdelisle Member

My Puckett is currently on compounded PZI that I get from a local compounding pharmacy. I'm paying $44 for 200 units of insulin (U-100) which is far from a 5 ml vial. I'm wondering what a 5 ml vial from BCP Vet Pharm would cost and how much the shipping would come to so I can figure out whether this would be a better alternative. My vet is open to this if it works out to be a better financial option for me. Anyone use BCP Vet Pharmacy that could give me some prices?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I believe I was paying around $80 a year or so ago, but can't quite recall.

Did you know that you can get a free vial to try?

Ask your vet to fill out the form at the bottom of this link.

http://www.bcpvetpharm.com/news_bovineinsulin.html

Your vet can get a two free samples of something else for them to try also. The vial will be shipped directly to your vet and you can pick it up when it gets there. It's very simple.

3. mdelisle

mdelisle Member

Jennifer ... thanks for the info. I had looked at the website but before pursuing further I wanted some idea of price to know whether it would be a better financial deal overall. How many doses are in the trial do you know?

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I don't remember the exact amount, it's about 1/2 of a vial, it lasted a long time, I remember it took us over a month to use and I had three cats on it at the time. Small dose kitties, but still three on it.

5. mdelisle

mdelisle Member

Thanks ... sounds like a very reasonable solution for me.

6. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

You may want to order U40 strength from BCP - the concentration will be less but you should be able to dial in the dosing gradients easier [especially using U100 syringes].

Also supposedly the trick with BCP is to have your vet send them a script instead of buying from your vet [because your vet will them mark up the price].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.