Question about Insulin dose for Bootsie AMPS 352, Nadir 203

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jackie55 & Bootsie, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Jackie55 & Bootsie

Jackie55 & Bootsie Member

Ok - I need a little advice. We are leaving to go to my daughters and will not be home to give Bootsie her 1830 Insulin
    Should I give it at 1600 when we leave or give half her dose at 1600 and the other half at 2300?
    She is up to 25U per shot. Thanks in advance. I a not worried about hypoglycemia with her as the Cabergoline has not kicked in to lower her BS yet

2. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Maybe put a question mark (edit thread) on your thread to draw attention to your post. Also, I'd also post in the Lantus/Levemir/Biosimulars forum as you'll get more attention there.

Both my cats, Eddie and Blue have acromegaly and there are Moderators in the L/L/B forum who have acro cats, too.

Hope you can get an answer as it's a holiday. I would respond but I'm relatively new here and don't want to give any misinformation.

Jackie55 & Bootsie likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Answered in the LLB forum.

Jackie55 & Bootsie likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I didn’t see the answer over on the other forum. I hope you didn’t split the dose because that’s not the way to go. It can really confuse things. What did you end up shooting? I see you got a blue! I’m doing a happy dance for you!

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Anyway if you shoot an early that could act as if it were a dose increase. Thirty minutes early or late is not a big deal but hours difference one way or the other can make a difference. If you know in advance that you are going to have to change your shot time, you can make gradual adjustments of 15 minutes at both AM or PM or of 30 minutes at either AM or PM - so that you are just moving shot time by no more than 30 minutes per day. Of course this is if you know in advance that you will need to change the shot time.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator