question about tid- Cody 3-23

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Nancy and Cody, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not all that TID savvy, but yes, reduce the dose (if you have a working dose). I think the general idea is that a 24 hour total is divided into 3 rather than 2. Of course, if your dose isn't working you might not need to reduce as much. I didn't look at the #s and can't even touch the whole high dose aspect, so no idea what dose you might want to try for him. The 8u sounds as good to me as anything else. :) (i.e. terrifying!!! :lol: )

I don't really know what timeframe you might get dramatically better results on TID due to overlap, but definitely something to look out for. I know when I have shot early with Bix sometimes he would scream down into the greens when I had really good overlap (that was more like shooting at +6, but still you never know).

If you don't get much info you might want to PM someone. There's also the "supplemental techniques" link in our PZI sticky, but I don't know that it has much detail, haven't read it in a long time...

3. Nancy and Cody

Thanks!
    after dinner i need to sit down and read the pzi stickies ( i never have :oops: ). I know its sounds like a lot but if you look at his ss# its about the same as you shooting .8u. and Cody never turns his nose up at any food, so the only time that worries me at all is when I'm sleeping and I set a feeder (if I can keep him from breaking in to it :roll: )

Today
    AMPS 323, 309, (also 483 dont ask me? a fluke) shot a fat 11u
    +2.25 321
    +5 204
    +6.5 242
    +8.5 264 shot 8u

+2 296, fed light dinner
    +3.5 310

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Nancy,
    I did TID with Blackie for about 6 days. The thing it helped me with is that it speeded up the process of finding a good dose. Blackie has always responded better to holding a dose for 6 cycles than using a sliding scale. So I could increase the dose every 2 days instead of 3. I don't have any dose advice, but you need to shoot what you are comfortable with. When I went to TID I went from 1.6 to .8 bid to 1.2, which may seem aggressive. But we ended up at 2.4. I think you can reach my TID page on my spreadsheet. Look for it at the bottom PZI 11-7-09 TID.

I hope this helps. I'm hoping you can find the right dose for Cody real soon.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I forgot to say that it was a testfest. I was afraid of going low and tested often.

6. Nancy and Cody

Update
    Today
    AMPS 323, 309, (also 483 dont ask me? a fluke) shot a fat 11u at 9AM
    +2.25 321
    +5 204
    +6.5 242
    +8.5 264 shot 8u

+2 296, fed light dinner
    +3.5 310 (9pm EST)
    +5 322 this isn't what i was hoping for! maybe 8u may not do it.
    +6 327
    +7.5 354 fed and shot 8u @ 1AM

If it never goes down, how am I going to know its going up again? +8 is 1:30AM and I'm already tired...(11PM ) maybe this is a bad idea.

7. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Hi Nancy,

Since every kitty is different.. I just wanted to share what I've noticed with Pru TID. When my dose was too high, It put her in the 300's & 400's. So you have to try and figure out if you're seeing these numbers because of that...

I've also noticed with Prudence - just a 20 minute difference in timing the next dose - she can have a 6 to 10 point difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.