Questions about right regulation protocol

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sofina & Chester, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sofina & Chester

Sofina & Chester Member

Hello everyone! Chesters BG is becoming a really nice flat curve which is so refreshing compared to all the bouncing before. I had a few fur shots when getting the dose right so that made it a bit messy at first. Now tho it seems like Chester has been hanging in the 100s for just over 24 hours.

My question is since his curve is so flat and under 200 does that mean this is a good dose for him? Or I should I increase to try to get him in green numbers? He also seems to be going slightly lower every day. Today his AMPS is 108 which is so close to green! Also I’ve gotten very comfortable with his curve so giving him insulin in the 100s doesn’t make me nervous anymore. I guess I just don’t know what to do because he has went down to the 80s twice but hasn’t since I had those fur shots... and we’ve been on this dose for two weeks now.

Also it seems like some of his lowest numbers are his Pre Shot numbers. I don’t know if that’s strange or normal

2. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

I would post this also in the Lantus forum so you can get more experienced Lantus dosing advise. Great numbers btw!! :bighug:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  3. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Wait sorry, I see you’re sound TR and it’s been more than 5 days, so yes an increase of .25 is due

4. Sofina & Chester

Sofina & Chester Member

Okay I will thank you for your support and encouragement

5. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

With TR, you want to increase every 3-5 days. I’d still post in the Lantus forum as well

6. Sofina & Chester

Sofina & Chester Member

Okay that’s what I was thinking I was just getting nervous about his Preshots being so low and still increasing the dose... but I’m leaning towards increasing it tomorrow morning

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Sofina, Chester is looking so good, good luck if you increase, looking at your SS
    the dates are not filled in for 10-18 and 10-19
    Just in case you forgot :cat:

8. Sofina & Chester

Sofina & Chester Member

Thank you for reminding me silly me:)
    They are looking really good that’s why I’m partially on the fence. I think maybe I’ll just fatten his dose instead of giving a full increase and it being too much

9. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Hey I totally get it. I just recently switched to TR myself and got very scared of shooting low numbers but take a look at my ss for Saturday. The folks in the Lantus forum really held my hand shooting a low amps and it paid off! It’s good to have members who are experience with your insulin guiding you. You happened to get Diane and I who both use Lantus but that’s not always a guarantee on the main healthy forum :)

10. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

You’ve been on 2.5 for a long time and it’s a been a while since you saw a green number. Post on Lantus and see what others will say, but my vote is still for an increase

11. Sofina & Chester

Sofina & Chester Member

Yes I posted on the Lantus forum and I’m awaiting replies now. And yes I’m heavily leaning towards an increase because I want those greens!!! But I think I stayed at this dose for so long because Chester was struggling against the injection. I had a few fur shots in a row because he was jerking around but now that I have shot time under control I think we are ready to increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.