Ramone 06/11 amps 283 +6 284

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jerica&ramone, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Jerica&ramone

Jerica&ramone Member

So his #'s have jumped up again BUT a couple days ago I had switched cat towers where my other cat nibbles his dry food from - Ramone can not reach up to that level on the tree and what I discovered is that with the new cat tower I moved the food too, he was sitting on the perch below where the food was and pawing it out of the dish... so my cheeky little boy got into some Royal Canin GI mod cal dry food.

I switched the cat towers back to how it was originally so he can no longer get the food, he may have had some dry food for a cpl days.

So yesterday his #'s sky rocketed - and today he was still high and so now I'm not sure if it/was the food driving his #'s up OR if its the Acro/IAA surging/ pulsing? ( not sure if thats the right word - not really sure how to say what I'm thinking of ) and I need to start increasing dose again to get him back into blues/greens again?

IF he did get into food should I wait another day before increasing ? OR should I increase tonight if his #'s don't come down at all?

ALSO - I do plan on getting him on the cabergoline - I've just got a really busy couple of weeks and going out of town next weekend as well, so when I am back I plan on getting him on the drug.

2. Cleocatra

Cleocatra Member

I think that dry food would boost #'s. When I took Cleo off the Purina DM dry to canned, her #'s dropped like 75 pts the next day.

3. Jerica&ramone

Jerica&ramone Member

Ya I'm just wondering if those #'s should be back to where they were by now its been 24 hours but he most likely got some dry kibble for approx 48hrs before I caught on ? I'll see what his PMPS is tonight and see maybe give it 1 more day to get out of his system.

I just wonder too if its the tumor or IAA acting up again ?

A while back in Mar-April I was getting good #'s and slowly decreasing dose then suddenly it just stopped and we were back to increasing dose trying to get those blues and greens back - that took about 3-4 weeks and we've got good #'s again so now I'm just uncertain if it is the dry food that's spiking his #'s up or the acro/iaa ..

See what PMPS tonight is..

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I found carbs were out of the system in less than 24 hours. Neko snuck into some bread starter :rolleyes:, soared over 500, and was green within a day.

With no night time tests the last 4 nights, hard to tell if this is a dry food high, or a bounce from going low at night, or the antibodies doing their thing.

5. Jerica&ramone

Jerica&ramone Member

Okay I will work on getting some more night time tests. I go to bed SO early. My hubby might be getting on board with helping test BG which would be an enormous help for me and he goes to bed much later than I so hopefully we can work that into a good routine.

Going to to a mini curve today and try as much throughout night tonight to see what's going on. I did bump him up to 7.5 units as I'm thinking its the antibodies doing their thing because dry food is no longer in his paws reach...

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since he hadn't earned a reduction down to 7 units, you were probably good with the increase.