Ramone - echocardiogram results

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jerica&ramone, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Jerica&ramone

Jerica&ramone Member

Hi All,

Ramone had his echocardiogram yesterday. These were the results:

ECHOCARDIOGRAM: IVS(D): 0.40 cm LVID(D): 1.58 cm LVPW(D): 0.76 cm IVS(S): 0.90 cm LVID(S): 0.71 cm LVPW(S): 1.02 cm FS: 55.36%
    Comments: The left ventricle shows mild to moderate hypertrophy of the LV wall and the systolic function is normal. There is no evidence of systolic anterior motion of the mitral valve. The papillary muscles are prominent hyperechoic. The left atrium is normal. The left ventricular outflow tract and visible aorta is normal. The mitral inflows are normal. The right atrium and ventricle are normal. There is mild tricuspid regurgitation. The right ventricular outflow tract and visible pulmonary arteries are normal. There are no masses or effusions present.

So overall heart is doing pretty good, they've advised that no medications are required at this time but continue to monitor, they recommend a follow up appt in 6 months... $$$$$ I was shocked at yesterdays invoice and I even had a bit of a discount!

Also - if you'll see his ss, since December, I've reduced his dose almost in half! Gradually of course, but his #'s have been WONDERFUL! Is this common in some acros? I mean I'm not complaining at all just curious if others have had this as well ?

Is there anything else that is recommended to get checked out for acros?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

This report sounds similar to Neko's first one. The tricuspid regurgitation was described to me as age related and what caused her murmur.

The other thing to keep an eye on is his kidneys, so just periodic bloodwork for that. And a physical to go with that. Many acros get arthritis so just see how his mobility is and if he's stiff, get the vet to check the joints/spine. I got so even I could feel Neko's changes. :(

As for the dose, a couple things could be helping you. First, it's possible his IAA has broken so that is no longer a factor. And second, the tumour can wax and wane.

3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the good echocardiogram. My Darcy is scheduled for his cardiac ultrasound tomorrow.