Raymond James results

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lee cuzz, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Lee cuzz

Lee cuzz Member

I misunderstood my vet, IAA is 70 and growth like factor is greater than 521. Vet is having a consolation with endocrinologist. wow, I would have a hard case!!!!
    @suznanne&darcy, @frostyd, wendy&neko, @chris&china
    ttps://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/raymond-james-tested.254215/#post-2865194

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the miscommunication with the vet, and the results. :bighug::bighug: You are not alone. The combo diagnosis is unfortunately common. But now you have an explanation for his numbers. I will be curious what the endocrinologist says. My vet hadn’t had a case of either until Neko, that she knew if. With her doing research and help from FDMB, we got a plan to move forward.

How is Raymond James doing/feeling these days? Kitties are so much more than their numbers.

Lee cuzz likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Wow. Sorry about the diagnosis. It really got me down for a while at first. My vet consulted with an endocrinologist at the University of Georgia vet school but it wasn’t much help. I hope you have more luck. We were able to move forward with the Cabergoline anyway- despite resistance.

Lee cuzz likes this.
  4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry about the diagnosis :bighug: but you're in good company here, lot of IAA and/or acro cats. Curious what the endocrinologist will have to say.

When you have time pop over the to acro forum to peruse. I'll tag you in a post over there that had a pretty good comparison of treatment options

Lee cuzz likes this.
  5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the diagnosis but at least you know what you're dealing with now. While not what you want, I do think it's better to at least know what's going on instead of wondering if you just have the most unusual cat ever.

Here's the link to the Acro forum that has the various treatments to consider.

Lee cuzz likes this.
  6. Lee cuzz

Lee cuzz Member

Thanks for all your knowledge. Raymond James isn't very active, always hungry and keytones are 0. Thanks for asking. At least I have a diagnosis which FDMB has been mentioning to get him tested!!! Don't know what to do next, just keeping increasing insulin, next batch will be Levemir. That will be the fourth insulin we have tried.....

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  7. Lee cuzz

Lee cuzz Member

Yes, I guess that's what we'll try next. Can't afford surgery, laser. Got to love him 10 additional months. Thank you.
    Seeing no improvement is a bummer!!!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  8. Lee cuzz

Lee cuzz Member

Thanks chris. I kept thinking, must be what I'm feeding him. Nope, It was Raymond James..
    In your expertise, what path should I follow next????

9. Suzanne & Darcy

I hope you will have him a long time yet! By the way he is very beautiful! Handsome!!

Lee cuzz likes this.
  10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I loved Levemir honestly, hopefully it works for you. We usually start Levemir at 70% the Lantus dose, but ask Wendy what she thinks about dose when you're ready to switch

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Yep. I went through Vetsulin, ProZinc, Lantus, and finally Levemir! Lev was the best.

Lee cuzz and FrostD like this.
  12. Lee cuzz

Lee cuzz Member

Thank you suzanne & darcy. Darcy is also beautiful. This pic of Raymond James three months before he got sick..