Regulated cat's spreadsheet + Happy New Years Everyone!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Logan & Sandy, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

I was wondering who has a pretty much regulated cat/? i would love to see his/her spreadsheet.I am aware that everycat is different.. I THINK Logans' numbers are getting better.. but I know he's not there yet..he may need a slightly higher dosage, like to 1.25. Over the last few cycles he's been at a smidge higher than 1.unit.. like 1.1 a skinny black line extra on the syringe. my vet tells me to keep him where he's at after I sent her his curve at 12/25/2020, but since then i raised it a hair (1.1) but still think he may need to go higher. I plan to run another curve this monday jan4th. thanks Sandy

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Billy, of @Juls and Billy
    Here is his SS. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DhDa1cjR1RC5jKXXJF1102Rvu-8hggWzrNW2-/pubhtml
    He went OTJ back early in 2020, so she doesn't test him much anymore.

@Jessicaandforrest , her cat Forrest
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fse5wtVgmrMTuPFnZCH3UoZIz4/edit#gid=361360320

@Pookie and her cat Lola https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...P7O_wzPOhvN9GuCz-h31C9pFM3m3MlHZ7iZ_/pubhtml#

For a different insulin, someone using Lantus, Tyler who's mom is Diane @Diane Tyler's Mom He is a very well regulated cat.
    Tyler’s Spreadsheet

3. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

Hi @Juls and Billy thanks for posting your SS regarding Billy.. what i was wondering is that you said you fine tuned the FF.. what did you mean?? Logan is eating about almost 3 cans TWICE a day.. thanks Sandy

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Jessicaandforrest hi I looked at your SS.. it looks great.. I wish i could get logans numbers like that..

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Deb & Wink likes this.
  5. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

@Deb & Wink,.. am still leaning about raising up Logans numbers to1.25 .. thoughts?? Logan seems to be doing well.. he seems a little frisky.. his eyes look good. Shall i wait a bit longer? thanks take care.. PS hope you had a nice new years..

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

thanks to everyone that sent me their regulated cats spreadsheet.. it just helps give me an idea of what a GoOd spreadsheet might look like..so i can kinda compare Logans to them..this Am for the AMPS his bg was 231.. i was pleased that we didn't have another red reading.. altho.. things seem to change often enough,. I have continued to give him 1.1 unit-1.15 (skinny black line more) but may go to 1.25 depending on tests... my thoughts are to do things extremely gradually so as to TRY and avoid a bounce.. I still am a newbie at this.. but that's my plan.. THOUGHTS/? I also would like to thank everyone for responding over these last bunch of weeks.. this is a great group for anyone with a diabetic cat to belong to,,. this is Logan this AM. He looks so much better since Nov, 2020 logan010221.jpg

Deb & Wink and Pookie (GA) like this.
  7. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Tags only need a single @ sign, to tag a member.
    So the tags you included in your reply did not work.
    Try to tag those members again, but only use a single @ sign this time.

I racked my brain to think of cats that had good spreadsheets, and were on Prozinc. I included all those links for you, not the members that own those cats. Sorry for the confusion.

Unless you are using calipers to measure the dose, it's not really possible to measure 1.1 versus 1.15 units of insulin. At least not and be consistent. Insulin syringes themselves can have the lines at slightly different places on the barrel of the syringe. That can vary from box to box, from package to package, from lot number to lot number.

As long as you are trying to draw up the dose as consistently as possible, that is the important thing.

p.s. Nice picture of Logan. Licking his chops after a meal? Or talking to you?

Logan & Sandy likes this.
  8. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

thankyou @Deb & Wink! i screwed up with the double @.. too much coffee i guess?? nope not using calipers.. am trying to keep dose the same.. most likely i may just compromise and just go as close to 1.25 since now its been a few cycles.. and that may make it a tad easier than 1.10 or 1.15..will try and tag then again,, and thanks.. yeah, Logan looked happy this AM after eating 3 full cans (again) of ff. And yes I try to keep dose as close as possible.. but human error is human error. hope you are doing well.

Pookie (GA) and Deb & Wink like this.