Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Melissa Cornellier, Nov 4, 2019.

  1. Melissa Cornellier

    Melissa Cornellier New Member

    Nov 4, 2019
    So my kit was a victim of divorce. He went downhill and my glorious ex didn’t take him in to the vet or let me know. When I saw him I rushed him in with extreme weight loss and neuropathy. After 5 months we’ve been in remission for 3 months. I have 1 full and one 1/4 full vial of prozinc. Should hang on to it? Sell it? Toss it? Expiration is 5/20.

    What are the chances he will come out of remission? New at all this!
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

    MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

    Feb 18, 2015
    Congratulations for getting your kitty the care he needed and getting him into remission. Knowing whether a cat will stay in remission or not is impossible for anyone to predict. Once diabetic always diabetic but with due diligence of maintaining proper diet, ongoing spot checks to catch any BG elevation quickly and swift action to deal with any health problems that could potentially knock kitty out of remission, you can certainly increase the odds of maintaining that remission.

    As for the insulin, that's really a personal decision only you can make. There is a supply closet here where you can donate or sell the insulin. Perhaps since you have a full vial and partial vial, you could consider holding onto the partly used vial and sell the full one which would give you some cash toward a new vial if your kitty were to revert any time in the future.

    Hoping you and your kitty enjoy many years of insulin free bliss!

Share This Page