? Replacing dry food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by learjetta, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. learjetta

learjetta Member

Good morning!

Last night I eliminated dry food from Boris's diet. We are trying to feed 300 calories per day, and the volume of wet food required to meet that is a bit more than Boris will eat. Looking for suggestions on what to add to his diet, as he just won't eat more than a can a day of wet food. The other cats end up eating the extra.

His current wet foods average approximately 180 calories per can... What high calorie, low carb additions can I make?

Thanks!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would just weight Boris at least one a week) to determine if he needs more food than he is now eating. The calories/pound body weight is only an estimate. Some cats require ess, some more.

learjetta likes this.
  3. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

I added extra virgin olive oil to Catcat's diet -- primarily to get him extra Omegas for his coat (dandruff) and to help the turmeric supplement work better (anti-inflammatory for cat acne) -- but am sure that's also providing no-carb calories --

there are several plant oils that provide nutrients that cats can use, without carbs

he was drastically underweight at diagnosis, has been gaining weight steadily for awhile, seems to have plateau-ed a pound or so below optimum weight but he looks good, feels good

learjetta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.