Review of SS & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ChristineS, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristineS

ChristineS Member

Hi everyone! Wyatt had what I thought was a perfect curve last weekend, and now he is high, higher than I have seen, food is consistent FF pate, BUT I do think I may have given a fur shot one morning, could that cause the out of whack numbers? I'm feeling like a failure.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

These numbers really don't look much different from before... but it's hard to say because there isn't much data to see what is happening mid cycle. Would it be possible that on days you are home you can get a mid day number, and then in the evening a number right before bed? This would help us know what is happening in between.

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. ChristineS

ChristineS Member

Okay so you are not alarmed, good! I will try to test more on weekends when I am home, and possibly evening numbers. Thanks for the suggestions.

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

It's posible a little tweek to the dose would help, but I don't want to say that for sure. If you could get like a +4 at night it would show what's happening. I don't wanna say go ahead and raise if it's sometimes dropping low mid day, then bouncing up. If it's not getting down near around 100 I'd say you could try 2.5u

ChristineS likes this.
  5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

This is only speculation (not enough data to be any way specific) but very often you see intermittent higher preshots when a cat may be going fairly low - possibly too low - in the time between preshot tests. Those readings you got last week in the 90s are just a hair's breadth from the dose reduction threshold for Vetsulin [ETA: 90mg/dL | 5.0mmol/L, human meter] and you're currently on the same dose as for that cycle (2.25IU) so it is possible that Wyatt may be dropping down to that range - maybe even lower - on some cycles. No way of telling without the BG checks, but the possibility the dose is too high should be considered.

Mogs

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    Reason for edit: Additional info added (blue text).
    ChristineS likes this.
  6. ChristineS

ChristineS Member

So it is clear, I definitely need to do some more BG checks and gather more data so I can make a more informed decision. Thank you @JanetNJ and Mogs.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.